HttpMaster is a development and test tool for REST web services and API applications. HttpMaster can display and validate the most common REST formats; XML, JSON, and HTML and also supports powerful dynamic parameters, response data validation expressions, flexible request chaining, and many other properties. All these core features, along with many other options, give HttpMaster capabilities for thorough web service and API testing. HttpMaster project (hmpr file) exposes a large number of options to fine tune generated web requests, for example, to specify http method, values of http headers, URL encoding of parameters, global URL and query string values, redirections, content types, request encoding, and many more. One of the more powerful features of HttpMaster is request chaining. It is a flexible mechanism to combine multiple requests in execution batches where every request uses some data from the previous request. This allows for complete automation of web application testing.
What is new in this release:
- Ability to manage list of recent project files and recent execution data files
- Action to quickly insert standard http header in request headers field
- Additional http options supported in basic request window
- Various UI improvements
What is new in version 3.9:
- HttpMaster is now dpi-aware application.
- Revamped icons for better user experience and improved high-dpi rendering.
- Option to specify URL encoding behavior on each defined parameter/chaining.
- Support for executing request items from the particular execution group in command line interface.
What is new in version 3.8:
- Improved functionality for building request body
- Specify initial value for parameters with manually provided value
- Stop execution if chaining data cannot be obtained
- Stop execution if validation of request item fails
- Duplicate execution group
- Compact XML/JSON when exporting execution results
What is new in version 3.7:
- Support for conditional execution of items
- Parameter type that prompts for the value before the execution
- Code folding and line numbers in pretty viewers
- CSS pretty viewer
- Simplified opening of items in basic request window
- Open execution group in basic request window
- Project item description
What is new in version 3.6:
- Introduction of new viewers for pretty data display powered by ScintillaNET.
- New pretty viewer for display of HTML response data.
- Export execution results to XML or JSON file.
- Ability to apply function to generated or obtained parameter value.
- Specify multiple values for global URL or query string for easier switching between global values.
- Improved application options window with couple of new settings.
What is new in version 3.5.0:
- Global request chaining support
- Validation type to check for string occurrences
- Parameter type to obtain value from a file
- Simplified UI for parameter management
- Hash data actions available with 'Field actions' button
- Change font for request/response display
- Change order of execution groups
What is new in version 3.4:
- Support for execution groups
- Store credentials data in project properties
- Improvements to text validation types
- Cookie improvements
What is new in version 3.3.0:
- Validate response body with XPath/JSONPath
- Extract chaining value with XPath/JSONPath
- Apply function to obtained chaining value
- Support for any http method (verb)
- Support for custom codes with status code validation
- Upload selected file as Base64 string
- Improved welcome window
What is new in version 3.2:
- Wizard for building command line commands
- Validations in basic request window
- Use encrypted passwords with command line
- Toolbar/keyboard for managing execution order
- Menu to reload project file from disk
- Column widths preserved between app restarts
- Setting to display warning for old projects
What is new in version 3.1:
- List request items that use parameter, validation, chaining
- Display/open recent hmex files
- Send selected received cookies with the next request
- Option to validate each validation row separately
- Ignore item when executing
- International domain support
- 'application/soap+xml' content type support
What is new in version 2.7:
Version 2.7 adds:
- Support for upload type 'multipart form data'
- Use dynamic parameters with http headers
- 'Text view' for validation expressions
- Align execution order with the current sort order
- 'Text Viewer' for response data
- Custom location for temporary execution data
- Reset sizes and positions for all windows
What is new in version 2.6:
Version 2.6 adds:
- Fixed execution order for request items
- Authentication support in basic request
- Create project from basic request
- Open request item in basic request
- PDF export in basic request
- Manage authentication in execution window
- Send data in segments in basic request
- Time delay for the first request
What is new in version 2.5:
Version 2.5 is a maintenance release.
What is new in version 2.4.0:
Version 2.4 adds
- Significantly improved building of request body
- Export execution data to pdf
- Open request item as basic request
- Simultaneously open execution view of multiple items
- Improved drag&drop of items in execution window
- Request encoding info in execution view
- Handling of JPEG orientation in viewer
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or later