Hugin is an open-source panorama photo creation tool. It can put multiple photos together very easily and the end result is smooth and stunning. Hugin uses the same open source library used by many other software including shareware like PTMac from Kekus Digital. Hugin is, however, free and you can start making panoramic photos without buying any expensive software or equipment. Unlike many similar software, Hugin considers the shapes of the lens and can adapt to the particular distortion profile of your camera.
For advanced users, hugin also has many features for making panoramas with special equipment, including two types of fisheye lenses and more.
What is new in this release:
The version 2017.0 is mainly a bug fix release. The biggest fixes regard:
- Several fixes for working with HDR images (display in GUI, photometric optimizer, handling of under/over exposured pixels in merging code).
- Fixes handling of masks in cpfind when images needs remapping for cp finding.
- Sometimes unsaved changes were disregarded without asking the user (e.g. when loading a project via the recently used projects list). Unsaved changes should now always require user confirmation.
Besides the bug fixes some smaller improvements have been implemented.
- Optimizer tabs uses now checkboxes instead of bold underlined font for marking of variables to be optimized.
- Use wxWidgets help windows instead of default browser (Linux&Mac only, this provides table of content, index and full text search in help files).
- Added special assistant variant for single image projects.
- Display of final panorama dimensions on stitcher tab.
- Extended the user defined output sequences:
- The shipped user defined output sequences are exposed in the GUI as own sub-menu.
- Added some more user defined output sequences (layered TIFF, cube faces).
- Added new placeholder %sourceimage% to user defined output sequence.
What is new in version 2016.2.0:
- Allow reading of image positions from Papywizard XML files: First add the image to a new project and then select File, Import settings from Papywizard XML file... This will read the lens settings, the image positions and also, if applicable, the bracket settings. After this, the usual workflow is to run cpfind with --prealigned switch and then geocpset to connect orphanded images.
- The internal blender and verdandi got the possibility to blend seams as alternative to current hard seam: For each seam the color of second image is adapted to the match the color of the first seam. For this blender, the blender order changes according to the overlap. The blending starts with the exposure anchor and blends then all overlapping images. This blending mode is not suited if there are bigger misalignments or bigger parallax errors.
- The display of the control point error (after optimizing and in fast preview window) and the control point list window can now limited to take only control points in active images into account (menu Edit, Optimize only active images, connected with the setting on the optimizer tab).
- Improvements to mask tab in Hugin (edit crop of all images of the same lens at once) and find panorama dialog in PTBatcherGUI (remove images from found panoramas, split found panorama into two).
- Several improvements for Mac OS.
- Fixes several issues with fast preview window which could result in random crashes (uninitialized variables, memory leaks).
What is new in version 2014.0.0:
- inherit many of the libpano improvements (of version 2.9.19)
- the translation plane variables Tpy and Tpp have been added to the GUI (better support for translation parameters, e.g. for nadir images. A pano with translation parameters can now be rotated)
- improvement of the GPU remapping code (bug fixes in the glue code, added some missing GPU transformations. Now fisheye lenses are supported by GPU code as well)
- better support for line control point in Control points tab (it still requires that the same image is displayed left and right for full features, but also better support for line control points above several images)
- obsolete programs matchpoint, nona_gui and PTBatcher have been removed
- outdated translations have been removed from the default install
- initialize the colour balance values during loading with EXIF values (this information is only stored and decoded by some cameras (mainly models by Panasonic, Pentax, Olympus, Nikon))
- improved the assistant
- allow customization of exiftool command used to copy metadata to output images
New command line tools for CLI processing:
- pto_mask: manipulate mask in project file
- pto_template: apply template to project file
- pto_move: move or copy project files with all associated images
What is new in version 2013.0.0: