iGetter is a powerful, full featured download manager and accelerator. iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering, site explorer, searching of mirrors, FileAvenue.net integration, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up, and shut down on completion.
What is new in this release:
- Optimized for Safari 10 on macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Optimized for Firefox v50+.
- Digitally signed the installation dmg file to meet the new security requirements of macOS 10.12 Sierra, and prevent "AppTranslocation" from Gatekeeper.
- Implemented a workaround for an issue introduced in Safari 10, which causes disappearing of browser extensions on Safari restart. With this update iGetter Extension installs and works properly on Safari 10.
- Reworked iGetter Extension for Firefox (v45+) to complete the transition to multiprocess versions of Firefox.
- Implemented a workaround for an issue that could lead to a blank page rendered in the integrated eCommerce module, when attempting a purchase in the macOS versions prior El Capitan.
- Reworded the uninstall alert text for better clarity.
- Some fixes and additions to the French, Polish, Japanese and Traditional Chinese localizations.
- Fixed an issue with the integrated eCommerce module asking for permission to access user's contacts.
- Fixed an issue with the "Download selection with iGetter" command in iGetter Extension for Safari 10, which in some very rare cases won't work properly.
What is new in version 2.9.4:
- Optimized for Safari 9 on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Optimized for Firefox v43+ and Chrome v45+ browsers.
- Added support for the Safari 9 cookie repository on OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Now iGetter can read Safari cookies on OS X 10.11+, as well as on previous OS X versions.
- Digitally signed iGetter Extension for Firefox at Mozilla add-ons store. This is a requirement since Firefox v43.
- Reworked iGetter Extension for initial compatibility with multiprocess versions of Firefox (v45+).
- Digitally signed iGetter Extension for Chrome/Chromium at Google Play store. This allows automatic in-browser installation and update through the store. This is a requirement for the external extensions with the recent versions of Chrome.
- Reworked iGetter Extension for Chrome/Chromium using the build-in extension API to send all downloads to iGetter. The above operation can be temporarily disabled with the new context menu command "Disable integration" added by iGetter Extension for Chrome.
- Improved installation of iGetter Extension for Safari 9.0+, due to changed requirements for updating local extensions in Safari 9.
- Improved both iGetter Plugin and iGetterScriptablePlugin for Safari, to read HttpOnly cookies in addition to the already available session and standard cookies.
- Implemented a workaround for the issue introduced in OS X 10.11 El Capitan, which in certain circumstances won't update properly the logical end of file, that could lead to improperly truncated files after a system restart. In iGetter this could manifest in an error that local file download has different size from the remote file.
- Reworded the browser integration options in both iGetter Preferences -> Integration and Installation dialogs, to better reflect the new browser integration functionality. The new option "Install iGetter Browser Extension (add contextual menus, watch for URL clicks)" replaces the previously worded "Add contextual menu support for Internet Browsers". Also "Install iGetter Browser Plugin (Safari and browsers with NPAPI support)" replaces "Integrate with Internet Browsers (watch for URL clicks)".
- Changed "Integrate with Internet Browsers" command from the Tools menu with "Install iGetter Browser Plugin" command, to better reflect its functionality in accordance with the changes in iGetter Preferences > Integration tab panel.
- Added new function "Install iGetter Browser Extension" in the Tools menu, which installs/uninstalls iGetter Extensions for Safari, Firefox and Chrome/Chromium, and all applicable components.
- Updated User Agents of Safari, Firefox and Chrome for OS X, as well as Internet Explorer and Firefox for Windows with recent versions.
- Added support for the "audio/vnd.audible.aax" MIME type.
- Implemented a workaround for an issue with OpenSSL, which in certain cases during a TLS EXT conversation, would drop the connection. The workaround will be used only on systems with OpenSSL 0.9.8j or later (MacOS X 10.6+ to OS X 10.11+).
- Fixed an issue with iGetter preferences, which in some very rare cases on OS X 10.10+ won't save the latest preferences changes on disk.
- Fixed an issue that could lead in some rare cases to high CPU load in Retina mode on OS X 10.10+.
- Fixed an issue with AppNap usage which in some cases would prevent system sleep while iGetter is running on OS X 10.9+.
- Fixed an issue with the "Add to queue" ("Process Web Page") window, when the Total links number won't be calculated properly.
What is new in version 2.9.3:
- Optimized for Safari 8 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Implemented new installation method of iGetter Extension for Safari 8 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite, as well as Safari 7.1+ on OS X 10.9 and Safari 6.2+ on OS X 10.8.
- Improved installation of iGetter Plugin for Safari 6.1+, 7.0+ and 8.0+.
- Reworked iGetter Extension for Firefox using js-ctypes to load native code for communication with iGetter.
- Reworked iGetter Extension for Chrome/Chromium using Native Messaging Host for communication with iGetter.
- Added support for Notification Center in OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.9 and OS X 10.8. With the new option "Show desktop notifications" in the Speech preferences, iGetter will show notification messages on the chosen download events.
- Added support for App Nap in OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.9. iGetter fully utilizes App Nap, which helps you save power in periods when the application is idle. When downloading, scheduling or doing other tasks, iGetter disables App Nap in order to resume its full performance.
- Digitally signed with version 2 signature for conformance with Gatekeeper on OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.9.5.
- More intuitive Site Explorer, which conveniently shows the site's file hierarchy expanded to the same file, selected before leaving the view. Additionally, when adding new files for download, Site Explorer will stay at the site's view.
- Improved Enter Site URL dialog to load user and password data from the Site Manager, when such info is available for the URL.
- Added support for UTF-8 encoded Content-Disposition HTTP header fields, as proposed by RFC 5987.
- Added GB measurement for larger files and MB/s for higher download speeds.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for "Start Automatic Downloading" Shift+Command+R and "Pause All" Shift+Command+P.
- Fixed an issue with the Groups panel icons, which could cause a crash when exiting iGetter on OS X 10.10.
- Fixed an incompatibility between iGetter Plugin and Safari 7.0 (and some 6.0.x versions), which could lead to slowdowns and memory leaks of the Web Plugin process, in some rare cases.
- Fixed a potential issue with the Chrome External Extensions, which could prevent Chrome/Chromium recognizing iGetter Extension.
- Fixed an issue with the Item Settings dialog which won't change the file download name in some rare cases.
- Fixed an issue with the New URL dialog which won't filter some not allowed characters in the file name.
- Fixed the Enter Site URL dialog not hiding FTP Connection popup menu on a non ftp URLs.
- Fixed a potential issue in the Enter Site URL dialog, which could cause a crash in very rare cases.