Imagine never having to wonder if your document reflects the latest changes in your database, or whether your database reflects the latest changes made to your document. InCatalog solves the problem by creating transparent links between your documents and databases. An easy-to-use linking palette lets you establish links between elements in the InDesign document and fields in the database file. Once a link is established, InCatalog can update the link immediately. InCatalog lets you update any text or graphics. You can place an InCatalog link on an individual letter, a word, a sentence, a paragraph, or multiple paragraphs, or even whole stories. You can place InCatalog links on graphics and grouped items, allowing you to create or update an entire product module very quickly and easily. You can update parts of the document or the entire document at once, allowing you to change versions, change languages, and even extract data from InDesign documents to build a database. InCatalog is fully bi-directional. Once links are established changes can be made in either the document or the database. When you update, changes are cross-published in the other direction. Linked elements can be moved between documents and libraries freely without loss of linkage. And links don't affect layout or typography.
What is new in this release:
- Adds support for FileMaker Pro 15.
- Improves the plug-in’s file-picker dialogs by defaulting to the document’s current folder, on first use, and then remembering which folder was used last with that document (until the application is quit or restarted).
- Fixes a problem where dismissing the Create Data Snapshot dialog could cause the application to quit. (InDesign CC and later, on macOS 10.10 and later only)
- Fixes a problem where a key from group link on or in a frame anchored within a table cell would fail to find its direct key if that key was in another cell of the same table.
What is new in version 2.17.2:
- Fixes an odbc update problem introduced in the 2.16.2 release that would cut off long fields at 1024 characters.
What is new in version 2.17.1:
- Fixes key from text ? and key from text ? links, which stopped working properly in the 2.17 release.
- Fixes scripting, where all of the update events' DD, DD map, DSN, user name, and password parameters stopped working in the 2.16.1 release.
What is new in version 2.17:
- Does away with the requirement that the selected DD’s set (as determined by the DD’s containing folder’s name) always be the same as the DD set used to create the document. This change in InCatalog’s long-standing policy removes the need to hold down the Alt/Option key when selecting a DD file that’s in a different folder. (In effect, the Alt/Option key is now always held down automatically.)
- Remembers the last data export’s file extension in the Create Data Snapshot dialog.
- Greatly improves the speed of table updates.
- Enables interactive updating for multiple frame selections with the Data Linker‘s Group button.
- Enables interactive updating for single and multiple cell selections with the Data Linker‘s Table Cell button.
- Fixes a corruption issue introduced in the 2.16.1 release that could cause updates from data snapshot files to fail with missing keys. If you start receiving inexplicable missing key errors, please close the data file and delete its associated .x file (found in the data file’s folder). When next used, the data file should no longer produce missing key errors.
- Fixes key generation of key-from-contents links from Unicode text. Unicode control characters (like Word Joiner) are now ignored and Unicode whitespace characters (like 3-per-Em, Thin, and Hair Space) are now converted to a (single, regular) space.
- Fixes the ^F price style placeholder so that it no longer suppresses leading zeros after a decimal point (. or ^.) or after a use of the price’s whole part (^W).
- Fixes styled price updating, which was broken by the 2.16 release.
- Fixes a problem where placing InDesign Tagged Text with InCatalog links could cause InDesign to shut down. (Mac OS X only)
- Fixes a Data Linker problem where the key and edit fields or the whole update section could become permanently disabled.
- Fixes interactive spread updating to include text boxes that are linked to boxes on previous spreads.
What is new in version 2.15:
- Adds support for updating links of a frame or group that has been "pasted into" the selected frame when updating that frame.
- Corrects a limitation of the Select Data Descriptor and Get Data Snapshot dialogs so that All Files can now be shown as selectable.
What is new in version 2.13.3:
This release fixes a problem with international price styling.
Adobe InDesign CC