You are tired of being disconnected by your internet provider? You don't want your internet provider to disconnect you when your internet connection is idle? You want to stay connected even when you are away and don't use your connection for a long time? Then Internet Connection Keeper is what you need. Internet Connection Keeper allows you to keep your internet connection alive so that your internet provider does not disconnect you. It automatically sends a few bytes to your internet provider regularly so that it does not disconnect you when your connection is idle when you don't use it.
It does not use your bandwidth because it sends only a few bytes at configurable regular intervals. It tells you if the last attempt to keep your connection alive succeeded or failed. It appears in the right side of the menu bar. It doesn't need any installation which makes it very easy to use. It is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and many other languages.
What is new in this release:
- A Portuguese localization has been released.
- Thank you to Jose Dias for his translation from English to Portugese.
What is new in version 7.0:
- A full recompilation has been made to be compatible with Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite.
- Our website address is now "www.alphaomega-software.com".
- The About window can now be closed faster just by clicking on it.
- The "How to intall it?" paragraph of the documentation has been updated to explain how to install and launch the Application in particular under Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite:
Under Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite, if you're launching the Application for the first time, maybe Mac OS X's GateKeeper (which you can configure in the "System Preferences") will refuse to launch it because you've not downloaded it from the Mac App Store (but from our website). In this case, instead of double-clicking on it, all you have to do is to right-click on the Application's icon, and then select the "Open" menu. A message will appear in which you'll be able to confirm that you want to launch the Application (even if it was not downloaded from the Mac App Store from an Identified Developper).
NB: We're not distributing our Applications through the Mac App Store, because Apple's fees policy on the Mac App Store is not financially respectful of developers and small and medium companies.
What is new in version 6.2:
- A problem when saving the preferences at shutdown has been corrected, because of Mac OS X's non-safe way of quitting the applications at shutdown.
- A problem when checking for an available update has been corrected.