Kaleidoscope is a tool that allows you to spot the differences in text and image files and Review changes in seconds. Compare text in Blocks, Fluid and Unified layouts. Quickly navigate and search through the most readable diff you've ever seen. With four different layouts and exceptional performance, Kaleidoscope makes reviewing image files that much easier and quicker. Complete your workflow with Kaleidoscope. Git, SVN, Mercurial, drag and drop, it all works.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed crashes related to future macOS releases.
- Fixed an issue where the user is unnecessarily prompted to update ksdiff.
- Updated documentation.
- Added analytics to help our developers improve future releases.
What is new in version 2.2:
- Overhauled the interface to better reflect the contemporary Mac environment.
- Added stability with multiple under-the-hood improvements.
- Modernized the codebase to make future work more manageable.
- Fixed various issues related to macOS Sierra.
What is new in version 2.1.1-219:
- Fixed a couple issues with our Bazaar integration instructions.
- ⌘-D now triggers the Don't Resolve button when dismissing a merge warning.
- Improved automatic graphics switching support (Early 2011 or newer MacBooks Pro): Kaleidoscope will now only use the discrete GPU when necessary.
- Updated our mechanism for purchasing a Kaleidoscope registration.
What is new in version 2.1.0:
- New Feature: Added support for ignoring whitespace (leading, trailing and line ending) in text comparisons.
- New Feature: Added an indicator to display remaining unresolved conflicts in a merge document.
- Text Scope
- Added dropdown menus on either side of Choose Left/Choose Right buttons to make “Choose Both” options more discoverable.
- Added better tooltips for the “Copy to” buttons when in Unified view.
- Fixed various issues with Dark Theme which made text difficult to read.
- Fixed issue where selecting different text scope views on one window could affect copy right/left buttons on other windows.
- Fixed issue where holding option to modify the behavior of copy right/left buttons on one window could affect other windows.
- Fixed issue that could prevent Kaleidoscope from picking up changes made to a document open in more than one window.
- Fixed issue that could prevent Kaleidoscope from picking up changes made to documents externally, especially on the MAS build.
- Folder Scope
- Fixed issue where sometimes Folder Scope copies would not show up correctly after the copy had taken place.
- Fixed issue where Folder Scope would not pick up external additions of empty files or directories.
- Fixed issue that caused the app to reject dragging of folders to the dock icon.
- Fixed issue that caused git integration to fail on 10.9 Mavericks.
- Fixed issue where ksdiff was sometimes not able to connect to Kaleidoscope after reboots with window restoration enabled.
- Fixed issue that where Kaleidoscope would not allow quitting when choosing “Review Conflicts” on a modified document.
- General Improvements
- Updated Automator actions to categorize correctly in Automator.
- Added support for copy/paste shortcuts in the crash reporter window.
- Kaleidoscope now avoids saving files without changes.
- Kaleidoscope will now disallow edits to files that can be read but not written to (e.g. docx files).
- Kaleidoscope now better remembers size and position of your windows.
- Fixed issue that stopped the comparison windows from minimizing when double clicking their title bar.
- Fixed issue where the path bar area could fail to update correctly when switching tabs.
- Fixed issue where clicking the dock icon would not restore minimized documents.
- Fixed issue where dragging a group of files that were already open in Kaleidoscope could cause issues resulting in not all new files being added.
- Fixed issue that made it possible for the comparison window to grow vertically offscreen on 10.9 leaving you with a window you could not reposition afterwards.
- Fixed issue that made it impossible to bring up the open dialog by clicking on an empty tab when fullscreen in 10.9.
- Fixed issue where sometimes full-screen windows would not be full-screen.
- Fixed small visual issues with the Ignored Files dialog window.
- Fixed documentation issues with ksdiff help.
- Improved Help Documentation.
- Various performance and stability fixes.