Kernel Video Sharing is a powerful online script for creating online video sharing communities.
It closely follows the model set up by other successful services like YouTube, DailyMotion, or Vimeo, letting webmasters create websites where users can register and then upload their own videos online.
Each user has access to its own profile page, where videos can be uploaded, managed, or deleted.
Users can also comment on videos, follow other users, send private messages, and rate videos.
Various membership levels can be configured by administrators, free or paid, both being supported by the platform.
Kernel Video Sharing also comes with an administration panel, where the aforementioned settings can be made, along with plenty other more.
Administrators can manage videos, playlists, albums, comments, messaging settings, admin accounts, transactions, payment plans, and many other more.
They can also modify the site theme & style, its active plugins, language settings, upload details, an various other server-related operations.
It's safe to say you can manage anything you want from the admin panel if you take the time to go looking.
Overall, Kernel Video Sharing should be pretty useful if you need a starting point for your video portal website, in case you have it as a goal to be the next YouTube mogul.
PS: Check out the features section below to see the differences between the four available packages.
What is new in this release:
- New token-based features on your site, customizable tags, improved messaging, yet another batch of conversion engine tweaks, better admin panel usability and dozens of other fixes in yet another KVS version.
What is new in version 3.8.0:
- More categorization options
- Series now supported
- Satellite content filtration improvements
- Different screenshot and photo cropping profiles for different image sources
- Import feed improvements
- Users can now set content price and make money
What is new in version 3.7.0:
- The new theme was finalized
- Playlists now have a lot more features
- Comments to posts
- Improvements in screenshot processing
- Better category avatar generation
- Full export feed localization
- PHP 5.3 or higher
- MySQL 5 or higher
- IonCube Loader 4.6.1 or higher
- mod_rewrite enabled
- MultiViews option disabled
- FFmpeg 1.0 or higher
- PHP's cURL extension