LaunchOnTimeis a utility for opening files (including apps), folders or executing AppleScripts (optionally emailing results) at specified times.
Drag and drop files or use the "Browse" button to add files to the list window. Then select one or more items and use the "Date-Time" selector to schedule their launch date. If the file is an AppleScript it will be executed, otherwise the file will be opened in the default application for the type of file. Click the "Start" button to run the schedule.
Various options are available using the Preferences window, such as setting the option to repeat the schedule periodically.
LaunchOnTime will wake up a sleeping computer prior to a launch time if you run it as "root user." To do so you can use Chalaut
LaunchOnTime is part of the Limit Point Software "Utilities Bundle" which includes all software at http://www.limit-point.com/Utilities.html. When you register you will receive a permanent password which activates all the Utility software. All upgrades are free!
What is new in this release:
- Messenger now supports secure messaging (i.e. SSL) so the app can use mail servers which require it.
- Added a "Send Test Message" button to the "Email Notifier" pane of Preferences for verifying that the mail settings work.
- Set message charcater set to Unicode, with a base64 encoding.
- Improved AppleScript execution and added a new preference option to send the result of any script to the recipient listed in the "Email Notifier" pane of preferences.
- Added a File menu with a "Close" menu item, to the menu bar so that the preferences window can be closed with the keyboard.
- New icon supports up to 512x512 dimension.
- Other changes to support Apple User Interface Guidlines for Mac apps.
10 day fully functional trial.