Lingo is an IRC chat client designed with simplicity in mind that is ideal for both novice and expert users. It supports multi-server connections, notifications, auto completion, SSL encryption, UTF-8 display, mIRC colours, CTCP, DCC Send, AppleScript (commands and events), IRC URI Scheme, SOCKS and HTTP proxy servers, and much more.
What is new in this release:
Lingo now disconnects on SASL authentication failure.
What is new in version 1.7:
- Preferences now use a multi-pane window.
- Notifications are now more fine-grained (make sure you review these as they've changed).
- Sounds and bounces can now be assigned to notifications.
- New preference to disable all notification sounds.
- New preference to perform WHOIS on friend notification.
- New preference to include user mode symbol in nickname.
- New preference to enclose nicknames with chevrons.
- Font selection now uses the standard font panel.
- Added auto completion suffix.
- Auto completion now tracks most recent completions.
- DCC File Transfers are now fully integrated into the UI.
- New preference pane to configure DCC (e.g. IP, ports, etc).
- Added support for AppleScript IRC events.
- Added new AppleScript verbs (SEND, ECHO, STORE, LOAD).
- Long messages are now split up into smaller messages.
- Fixed issue where highlights not working on ME actions.
- Fixed issue with sidebar clipping long node names.
- Fixed issue with pasting into find panel.
- Many other fixes for customer-reported issues.