LinkOptimizer is a workflow automation solution for Adobe InDesign. It works automatically with Adobe Photoshop to reduce the size of images linked to InDesign document by eliminating excessive image data. LinkOptimizer will automatically reduce the image resolution, scale and crop the images in Photoshop according to their dimensions in the InDesign document and the target resolution specified, and reimport them to InDesign at 100%.
LinkOptimizer can also perform essential image adjustments: convert colors, apply sharpening, merge layers and delete hidden ones; convert image file formats (JPEG to TIFF, EPS to PSD); run Photoshop action on each image. The software allows you to dramatically reduce the size of InDesign links, cut down on processing time and reduce production costs.
What is new in this release:
- fixed: Fixed an issue in which an error could occur during analyzing on OS X 10.9.
What is new in version 5.0.6:
- fixed: Fixed an issue in which LinkOptimizer didn't close InDesign files after analyzing under certain conditions - which could lead to crashes when processing large batches.
- fixed: Fixed an error in progress status when processing multiple files.
What is new in version 5.0b24:
- fixed: The Option key now works as expected when opening InDesign files with LinkOptimizer from Finder.
- fixed: UI fixes.
What is new in version 5.0b16:
- Fixed an issue in which an error could happen when reading certain link properties during processing under some rare conditions
What is new in version 4.9.62:
- Fixed an issue in which the Sharpen More command wasn't executed
What is new in version 4.9.60:
- The Show Preview button now works as expected
What is new in version 4.9.57:
- Fixed an issue when an error could occur when creating image duplicates if the links list wasn't sorted by page.
What is new in version 4.9.56:
- Expanded error info added to an error message that appears when Photoshop cannot open a file because of mismatch between the file extension and image format (e.g. a TIFF image with .jpg extension).
What is new in version 4.9.55:
- improved: Improved progress reporting during format conversion.
- fixed: Fixed an issue in which incorrect date format could be applied when using the image name date tokens on some systems.
What is new in version 4.9.54:
- Fixed a registration issue on El Capitan
What is new in version 4.9.53:
- Fixed an issue in which, under some rare conditions, a warning about open files in Photoshop could appear even though no files were open in Photoshop
What is new in version 4.9.51:
- Fixed an issue in which LinkOptimizer wouldn't process duplicate links if their first instances were deselected in the Links table
What is new in version 4.9.47:
- LinkOptimizer now automatically flattens images before converting to JPEG. In previous versions the option to flatten image had to be explicitly selected in the settings to avoid the Save As dialog in Photoshop.
What is new in version 4.9.45:
- InDesign/Photoshop CC 2015 support
What is new in version 4.9.42:
- Fixed an issue in which v4.9.41 could hang when converting images to TIFF or PSD.
What is new in version 4.9.37:
- fixed: Fixed an issue in which color profiles were embedded in PSD files when the "Embed profile" option was unchecked in LinkOptimizer.
- new: Added detailed help dialog for the "Embed color profile" option.
- fixed: Fixed an issue in which LinkOptimizer could hang when converting colors of an image whose color profile was identical to Photoshop's Working CMYK profile, while the destination profile in LinkOptimizer was set to "Working CMYK". This issue was caused by a bug in Photoshop.
- improved: Processing errors are now also logged into the system's console (in addition to LinkOptimizer's history).
- fixed: Fixed an issue in which LinkOptimizer could hang when logging certain events.
- fixed: Minor UI fixes on Yosemite.
What is new in version 4.9.34:
- fixed: LinkOptimizer now ignores links that are both skewed and flipped. Such link weren't positioned correctly by InDesign after optimizing.
- fixed: Minor interface updates.
What is new in version 4.9.33:
- Fixed an issue in which multiple-state objects weren't recognized in InDesign CC 2014
What is new in version 4.9.32:
- fixed: Fixed an issue in which certain Photoshop actions weren't invoked on Yosemite.
- fixed: Minor interface fixes on Yosemite.
What is new in version 4.9.30:
- Fixed an appearance glitch on Yosemite in which some image format names were cut off in the Convert settings.
What is new in version 4.9.28:
- Support for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
InDesign/Photoshop CS3-CC 2014