Sometimes, files on the Mac cannot be deleted, moved or renamed. This can be caused by insufficient access rights, or because some processes are still using these files.
Unfortunately, the Mac OS X Finder doesn't tell the user which processes exactly are causing the lock. Also, these processes are often running hidden in the background - so they can't even be quit using the Dock.
Here, Lock-UnMatic comes into play. Simply drag and drop the affected files onto the application-icon (or into the application-window), and Lock-UnMatic shows you a nice overview of all blocking processes. It's also possible to kill these processes from within the application.
What is new in this release:
- Have multiple filelists open at the same time.
- Extended network settings with proxy support for update checking.
- Support for fullscreen mode.
- Reduced memory usage.
- Signed application to support Gatekeeper.
- Enhanced window menu.
- Filechooser now implemented as sheet.
- Improved scrolling inside the list.
- Added menu entries for all toolbar buttons.
- Fixed a typo in the comments dialog.
- Column widths were sometimes not correctly remembered.
- Fixed some issues regarding the application preferences.