MacFort is an innovative utility which gives you the ability to easily encrypt and password protect individual files and folders, applications and their associated files. With just 2 clicks, MacFort lets you password protect several applications data on your Mac (Ex: Dropbox, Apple Mail, iPhoto Library, Photos Library, Outlook for Mac, Notes, Reminders, Day One, Evernote, browser history, Contacts, chat history, or any individual files and folders you'd like to keep away from prying eyes.
MacFort will allow you to securely store your important files by creating password protected, encrypted vaults. Using AES 128-bit, or 256-bit encryption algorithms; no one can open an encrypted vault without knowing the correct password. When you open your favorite applications (e.g, Apple Mail), MacFort will prompt you for a password to open the vault - if the password is entered incorrectly, Mail will be prevented from accessing the email messages. Therefore, your important files will be completely inaccessible to anyone who does not know your vault password. Additionally, MacFort will automatically close and lock your vaults as you exit your protected applications.
MacFort also allows you to encrypt and password protect individual folders and files. If you need to password lock individual files or folders, just add them to MacFort through our easy to use application interface, and MacFort will do the rest for you. If you are using MacFort and your Mac becomes lost or is stolen, you know that no one else can read your confidential files. You can even put the encrypted vaults on an external drive or a network drive. With this method, you can save a lot of hard disk space and your data will be protected, secure and recoverable in the event of loss, theft, or system failure. MacFort is also completely compatible with Time Machine.
What is new in this release:
- IMPROVED: Works better with OS X El Capitan.
- NEW: Add the ability to encrypt Day One Journal with password protection.
- NEW: Also add encryption support to Notes, Reminders.
- IMPROVED: Improved support for Evernote6.
What is new in version 18.104.22.168:
- Improved: Password protect Evernote 6.
- FIXED: Fixed a bug in the password protection for Photos.
What is new in version 22.214.171.124:
- NEW: Add ability to encrypt Adobe Lightroom Catalog with password protection.
- NEW: Also add support for the new Photos app.
- FIXED: Bug fixes
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
- IMPROVED: Improved support for Dropbox
- FIXED: Bug fixes
What is new in version 188.8.131.52:
- IMPROVED: Works better with OS X Yosemite
- IMPROVED: More efficient to automatically lock a vault after idle.
- IMPROVED: Better support for Dropbox and iPhoto.
- FIXED: Various other fixes and improvements.
Intel, Mac OS X 10.5 or later