Macrium Reflect is a backup and disk imaging solution for Vista, XP, 7/8/10 and Server 2003/2008/2012/R2. Reflect can backup files and folders into a compressed mountable archive file or you're entire PC into a single image. Using this image you can restore the entire disk, partition or individual files and folders. You can create full, differential and incremental images to optimize backup speed and disk space requirements. Images can be stored on local or network drives, CD or DVD media, and removable drives connected using USB or Fire Wire. In the event of a total loss of the Windows operating system your PC can be started using the Reflect recovery CD.
What is new in this release:
- The CBT driver could cause a permanent lock on external drives preventing safe ejection. This has been resolved.
- When clicking 'OK', without changing any MIG settings, a progress bar would be displayed and the dialog would not closed. This has been resolved.
What is new in version 7.0.1994:
- New backup engine: Improved incremental backup times using a new Kernel mode changed block tracker driver to track live file system changes.
- Virtual Image Boot: Instant virtualization of Macrium Images using Hyper-V virtual machines and Macrium viBoot.
- Windows Task Scheduler 2: Macrium Reflect now uses the Windows Task Scheduler v2 API to save scheduled tasks on Windows Vista and later operating systems.
What is new in version v6.0.685:
Macrium Reflect v6 is a major new update and includes many new features
- Rapid Delta Restore (RDR)
- Rapid Delta Clone (RDR)
- Scheduled Cloning
- Backup Plans and Retention Rules
- Improved start up time
- Automatic VSS Fall-back
- iSCSI and BitLocker support in Windows PE
What is new in version 5.3 build 7220:
Version 5.3 build 7220 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.