Markster keeps your bookmarks in one central, well-managed store under your control. Markster's extensions and global access work within your browsers.
What is new in this release:
Version 2.2.8 is a fix for users of macOS 10.10. If, like most people, you are on the latest macOS 10.11, you should skip this update.
What is new in version 2.2.5:
Compatible with Firefox 47+, due to changes in our application and a new version 329 of our Sheep Systems Sync Extension for Firefox, which users will be prompted to install upon first launching this version.
What is new in version 2.1.2:
Fixed a bug which, under some conditions, caused Chrome, Canary or Chromium to churn all bookmarks, which then caused the next import to report that all bookmarks had been changed, which usually triggered, falsely, a Safe Sync Limit error. (The churn in this case was changing the hidden unique identifying numbers. One of the known conditions triggering this bug was that the browser was not running in the target user profile during the export, and that the number of bookmarks was fairly small, so that the highest identifying number among the “Mobile Bookmarks”, which our apps ignore, was greater than the highest identifying number among the exported bookmarks”.)
Adds sync_transaction_version key with value 2 if it is not present.
No longer escapes forward slashes when writing the file.
In all bookmarks and folderss, adds an “add date” value if one is not present.
What is new in version 1.22.41:
- Fixed a bug introduced in version 1.22.36 which caused bookmarks in the Bookmarks Menu to not be exported to Safari, if the user's Safari bookmarks had been created by a newer version of Safari which did not have a Bookmarks Menu.
What is new in version 1.22.35:
- Fixed bugs affecting large exports to Firefox while Firefox while Firefox was running, which could result in extraneous errors and, in one case, a crash.
- Fixed a bug, recently introduced with version 323 of our Firefox extension, which causes import/exports while Firefox is running to fail in Firefox profiles which the user has renamed since the profile was originally created. (The fix, is in the main application; this version does not update our Firefox extension.)
- Google accounts from the OS X keychain are no longer listed in the New Document wizard, the File > Import/Export to only submenus, or the popups in the Settings > Clients tab. (Google made the keychain items useless a couple years ago, so that we now identify Google accounts by user-supplied nickname anyhow, and removingt these fixes the issue of users with too many Google accounts overflowing the screen during the New Document wizard.)
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash after adding a new Client and exporting for the first time.
What is new in version 1.22.31:
Version 1.22.31 contains a new version 322 of our Firefox extension, which fixes sporadic crashing of Firefox.
What is new in version 1.22.27:
Fixed bugs in the Content View, when redisplaying in Outline Mode, which caused expanded folders to sometimes collapse without reason, or to not open as required to re-expose items which had been previously selected in Table Mode.
Fixed bugs which caused the Tags field in the Detail View, the Tags shown in the Content Outline, and the Tags field in the Inspector to not always show the new value immediately when tags were changed.
What is new in version 1.22.25:
- When dragging, copying or pasting bookmark names and URLs to other applications, duplicates no longer appear, even if bookmarks and their parent folders are selected.
- Fixed a bug which caused some of the popup menus in Preferences > Syncing to indicate a different setting than the actual default setting which was active, until the first time that a new user changed them.
- In Inspector, first item in popup menus Sort this folder? and Visit item with now correctly indicate Use settings from Preferences instead of Use Document Default Settings (which is correct for BookMacster).
- The advice which appears when exporting a large number of changes to Firefox while Firefox is running no longer incorrectly states that the operation must be cancelled and restarted in order to make it run faster.
- When an import from or export to Safari is being delayed to wait for updates by iCloud, the explanation shown in the status bar now gives a more reliable indication of when the process is almost done.
- Fixed memory leak in Content View.