Java-based application which displays a Mars "sunclock", a graphical representation of Mars showing the current sun- and nightsides of Mars, along with a numerical readout of the time in a 24-hour format. Other displays include a plot of the relative orbital positions of Mars and Earth and a diagram showing the day's solar path for a given location on Mars.
What is new in this release:
- User's guide lander notes re-organized and information added about EDM Schiaparelli crash.
- Bugfix: Color topography map mentioned in credits page was not included in package as a sunclock map choice.
- Refactored window watcher and prefs saver timer tasks.
- Abbreviate clock description if too wide to fit in clock view.
- Bugfix: Drag re-order of clock elements did not work for some clock types.
- Added use of SLF4J logging libraries.
- Library: (macOS) Updated Java launcher to recent version of Infinite Kind appbundler.
What is new in version 7.1.1:
- Added rough site coordinates for ESA ExoMars 2016 (aka EDM or Schiaparelli) and ESA/Roscosmos ExoMars 2018 landers.
- Updated user's guide to indicate Mars InSight would not be launched in 2016.
- Landers and features may be marked on sunclock using optional colors via a right-click or option-click on landmark in the table.
- Added reset button to landmark table to restore default visibility and color settings.
- Added four projections to sunclock mapping choices.
- Library: Updated GISSmap to v. 1.8.2.
- (OS X) Replaced Quaqua filechooser for saving images with native file dialog called via JNI/libgiss.
What is new in version 7.0.1a:
- Updated MSL landing coordinates from target lon-lat to touchdown lon-lat. The difference between landing site LMST and the mission clock remains a few seconds, but in the opposite direction.
- Bugfix: Difference in decimal character caused localization problems in reading and saving preference values and in handling some input text field contents.
- Bugfix: Trapping of illegal input of latitude values missed some possible cases.
- Bugfix: (Mac only) Correct version number shown in finder Get Info window.
What is new in version 7.0:
- Added MSL Curiosity mission timekeeping.
- Complete re-design of time display window to allow for multiple clock readouts.
- Significant re-factoring of program code to keep pace with changes to GISS Java code libraries.