Mathomatic is a free, portable, general-purpose Computer Algebra System (CAS) that can automatically solve, differentiate, simplify, combine, and compare algebraic equations, perform standard, complex number, modular, and polynomial arithmetic, etc. It does some calculus and is very easy to learn and use. Plotting expressions with gnuplot is also supported (requires gnuplot). New users: try typing "help examples". There are many interesting Mathomatic scripts in the "tests" directory, that show what Mathomatic can do, and they teach some mathematics, too.
What is new in this release:
- This is a very stable version. Please let the author know what you think of it, or leave some feedback, so the next version can be even better.
- There were many set command option changes and improvements, and they should all be backwards compatible.
- Integer type variables simplify better now.
- The read command now lets you set and get the contents of the current directory, for convenience.
- "Repeat approximate" is now similar to the calculate command. There are no plans to add the calculate command to the symbolic math library.
- Identical repeated warnings are suppressed now.