Media Player Classic Home Cinema (64-bit) is a light-weight media player for Windows. It looks just like Windows Media Player v6.4, but has many additional features. You can use the player as a Media Player Classic Home Theater.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD, SVCD, or XCD Reader.An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
What is new in this release:
- Internal Subtitle Renderer: Convert colorspace of subtitles to match video.
- Append files to the playlist on drag&drop while holding "Control" key.
- Enable Press and Hold gesture to make easier access to context menu on touch devices.
- Add Danish translation.
- Add ability to disable every time after playback event for current session by selecting "Do nothing" event in context menu.
- Subtitle renderer: Better compatibility with ASS/SSA subtitle files that are slightly violating the specs.
- Rename "Display Stats" and "Reset Display Stats" features to "OSD: Display Renderer Statistics" and "OSD: Reset Renderer Statistics" so that their meaning is clearer in the "Keys" option panel. Also rename "Display Stats" to "Display Statistics" in the "Renderer Settings" menu.
What is new in version 1.7.8:
- DVB: Show current event time in the status bar.
- DVB: Add context menu to the navigation dialog.
- Add Finnish and Serbian translations.
- DVB: Improve channel switching speed.
- The "Properties" dialog should open faster being that the MediaInfo analysis is now done asynchronously.
- Make double-click tolerance consistent with system settings.
- XySubFilter: Always preserve subtitle frame aspect ratio.
- Properties dialog: The creation time did not account for the local timezone.
- Properties dialog: More consistent UI for the "Resources" tab.
- PGSSub: Subtitles could have opaque background instead of transparent one.
- Audio CDROMs with extra content could not be played.
What is new in version 1.7.7:
- Accept loading more than one subtitle file at a time using the “Load subtitle” dialog or drag-and-drop.
- Add advanced settings page.
- Add Arabic and Thai translations.
- Completely reworked subtitle queue.
- Add option to set jpg quality when saving images (default quality is increased from 75% to 90%).
- Updated Little CMS to v2.6 (git 9c075b3).
- Updated Unrar to v5.1.7.
- Updated MediaInfoLib to v0.7.70.
- Updated ZenLib to v0.4.29 r481.
- Updated LAV Filters to stable version 0.63.0.