MetaWareJ is a framework for creating web-based and Android business applications dealing with data input, validation and processing, based on client's requirements and rules. Examples of these are any type of inventory, invoicing, customer database, sales, application bridges, government projects (customs, ports, civil registry, internal revenue). MetaWareJ is an open source application, licensed under the Apache License Version 2.0.
What is new in this release:
- License changed to Apache License Version 2.0
- Output specific XML definitions. Can inherit and adjust XML definitions for PDF, CSV, and any output.
- Support for ABSTRACT tables
- Inherited forms
- API improvements
- JSON message passing interface. Can trigger any action using JSON input or request JSON output.
- Internal re-organization to separate data handling from screen creation. Streaming screen output (read data directly to output) still supported for huge reports.
- Added modified pickaday date picker from https://github.com/dbushell/Pikaday
- The output format is passed as output= parameter, so that output=HTML will produce an HTML page while output=PDF will produce a PDF document.
- Android uses JSON messages to a middle tier server.
- Android can use https with optional client certificate.
- Android interface upgrade to at least Android 3.2 (API-13)