Meteorologist is a full featured, free, and open source weather program for Mac OS X. This version of Meteorologist supports multiple cities, new version checking, and many more features. Meteorologist represents both the efforts of the developers and the helpful and insightful comments of those who use this program. The Meteorologist project is hosted by SourceForge. SourceForge is a community for open source developers to collaborate on their projects, keep track of bug and feature requests, and other really cool things.
What is new in this release:
Correct alignment of Forecast weather.
Correct link for Yahoo! weather.
Correct Wunderground location format.
If you are using Dark Sky, your update frequency will be a minimum of 60 minutes.
(Dark Sky is far too popular)
Add option to reset preferences.
What is new in version 3.0.3:
- Correct problems with Last Update for Yahoo and OpenWeatherMap
- Correct -9999 for wind direction for WeatherUnderground
- Meteorologist is fully localized for the French language (thanks Manfred)
- APIXU now has localized current and forecast conditions (but not other terms)
- Dark Sky now has localized current and forecast conditions (but not other terms)
- If you are using Dark Sky, your update frequency will be a minimum of 30 minutes.
What is new in version 3.0.1:
- Fix launch failure on 10.9 systems
- Add French localizations (any other volunteers?)
- Add "Loading..." during the startup delay
- Change default weather source back to Yahoo! (no API key necessary for now)
What is new in version 2.0.5:
- Update provided by Eric W., a senior at Longwood University in Virginia (USA)
- Animated "loading" icon weather information before the animation kicks in
- Optional new graphics for the various weather conditions that work well with OS X's new recommendations
What is new in version 2.0.4:
- INTEL Only!!!! No more PPC.
- Requires OS X 10.5 or greater.
- Get Radar working again.
- Fix alignment with Extended Forecast.
- Add Show Humidity option.
- Remove white dot in Mission Control.