Microsoft Silverlight is a cross-platform, cross-browser, and cross-device plug-in for delivering the next generation of media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web. Now with new mobile device focused implementations of Silverlight, developers and designers can easily take existing code, assets, skills, and tools and deliver superior user experiences on mobile devices. With initial support for Windows Mobile and Nokia S60 (including any S60 based handset) mobile operating systems Silverlight provides broad reach into the mobile space.
Microsoft Silverlight is in the Other Browser Add-ons & Plug-ins category of the Browsers section.
What is new in this release:
Fixes the DateTime parsing for Norwegian and Serbian cultures.
What is new in version 5.1.41212.0:
This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Silverlight.
What is new in version 5.1.40728.0:
- Fixes vulnerabilities in Microsoft Graphics Component that could allow remote code execution.
- Fixes a crash in the Silverlight 64-bit runtime seen with some applications on Internet Explorer 11.
- Updates the Macintosh installer to successfully install on OS X systems that have Gatekeeper security enabled.
- Updates the Windows manual installer to include options to set MSN as your default homepage and Bing as your default search engine. Automated installations and upgrades (for example, those performed by Microsoft Update and Windows Server Update Services) do not use the Silverlight installer user interface and do not change your homepage or search engine.
What is new in version 5.1.40416.0:
- Fixed vulnerabilities in Microsoft font drivers that could allow remote code execution.
- Fixed vulnerability in Silverlight that could allow elevation of privileges.
- Fixes an issue with displaying text in the UI Gothic font on Windows 8 and later.
- Fixes a crash in Microsoft Silverlight Configuration seen on some systems when clicking the Application Storage listbox.
What is new in version 5.1.30514.0:
Fixes issue where a Silverlight application that uses tab-switched controls exhibits a memory leak when you switch between tabs or pages in the application.