MidiYodi is a comprehensive application that allows editing, examination and playback of MIDI files. MidiYodi is available on all major platforms including Windows, Mac and Unix.
MidiYodi provides various tools to examine the layout and content of a MIDI file:
- The MIDI File Explorer that scans entire folders for MIDI files and for each file displays information such as type, number of tracks, available instruments, song duration, tempo, key- and time signatures.
- Song and Tracks Overview that displays the rolled-out contents of a MIDI file including a measure bar and all its tracks. Each track displays miniature 'notes', instrument and a volume curve. In addition meta events such as markers, tempos, time signatures and key signatures are visualized.
- Keyboard Examiner that sisplays all notes for a track in a keyboard like viewer.
- Score Examiner that displays all notes for a track in a score like viewer.
- Event Examiner that isplays all events for a track including event position (beat, time and tick), category (meta, voice or system), type (note on/off, program change etc) and value.
MidiYodi offers a rich set of tools to edit the content and structure of a MIDI file:
- Single track files (type 0) can be "trackified" and converted (type 1).
- Song can be transposed in half-tones up or down.
- Tempo can be altered.
- Tracks can have their name, instrument and volume changed.
- Tracks can be removed.
- Sections of the song can be cut out.
- Any MIDI event (meta, voice or system) can be added or updated.
- Voice events can be moved from one channel to another.
- Save, Save As and Undo/Redo functionality included.
MidiYodi offers several navigation and playback controls:
- Controls to start and pause playback in a tape recorder fashion.
- Quick navigation by clicking anywhere in the song or jump to the next/previous marker, tempo- , time signature- or key signature change.
- Controls to Mute or Solo any track.
MidiYodi offers some useful and nice customization features:
- Default examiner (displayed when a track is double-clicked) selection.
- Color theme selection.
- Language selection
- MIDI Output device selection.
- Remebers the directory where you last opened a MIDI file.
What is new in this release:
- Look and Feel can now be changed for the application.
- Karaoke lyrics can now be displayed in a separate window.
- PPQN (pulse per quater note) set in a MIDI file may now be changed.
- A single track can now easily be saved in it's own file
- Open MIDI file dialog restored. Now complements the MIDI File Examiner.
- Playback controled moved to top menu bar. Editing controls to bottom.
What is new in version 3.0:
- Jukebox (playlist) introduced to manage sets of MIDI files to be played in sequence or loop.
- Feature to save selected tracks in separate MIDI files.
- Option to convert from filetype 1 to 0 or vice versa.
- Measure width adjustment control added to Main window.
- Karaoke lyrics and Text meta information lanes added to the Main window.
- Meta information lanes added to the Score/Keyboard Examiners.
- Shown meta information lanes customizable in the Preferences window.
- Controller names prefixed with their corresponding controller number.
- Auto explore option added to MIDI File Explorer.
- Drag-n-drop added to Main window and Jukebox.
- Online help added
- Keyboard shortcuts added to all windows.
- Tempo change dialog moved to menubar
- Transposition GUI changed in menubar
- Size and positions of Main window, MIDI File Explorer and Jukebox window are saved.
Java JRE 1.6
In trial version one can't save MID files after editing and one can only open three files.