MMEmail is a user-friendly send email plug-in for FileMaker Pro 7 and later. It is different than other email plug-ins in the sense that it does most of the work for both the end-user and the developer.
MMEmail has a built-in email window which allows the end-user to compose an email message as if they were using a normal email client. From within the email window, you can set the To, Subject, and Body, as well as Attach files. You can use a special Auto-enter Hierarchal Menu of predefined email addresses to populate the To field. The Subject and Body of your message can contain Merge Fields to grab information from the current record before sending the message. Merge Fields can be inserted easily with a Contextual Menu. You can select Attachments via a file dialog as well as selecting Container Fields from a menu. When you click the Send button, the email window can automatically send the message, or store entered values for use with a non-window email function.
As with our popular SMTPit plug-in, you do not need an additional email client to send email because MMEmail sends directly to your mail server.
General Email Features:
- Send email without needing an additional email client
- Attach Files
- Attach a file in a container field. (stored and referenced)
- Use merge fields in the body of your message
- Use merge fields in your subject
- Send an email using fields already in your database
Email Window Features:
- Use an email window to compose your message
- Auto-populate all fields in the email window including attachments
- Predefine a list of to email addresses for the auto-enter to menu
- Get email window field values after the message has been sent
- Email window can be used to gather values, or to send message
Plug-in preference Features:
- Open the preferences dialog to any tab using a function
- Email settings are stored in the preferences
- Set SMTP Host, From Name, and From Email
- Set Authentication Type
- Change Email Character set
What is new in this release:
- Imported core plug-in updates from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Updated for full compatibility with FileMaker Pro 11.
FileMaker 7 or higher.