- Because your memories are too precious to be handled by anyone.
- Because it is easy to shoot... but far more complicated to prepare the video from your camcorder to the needs of your editing (without sacrificing the quality of the shooting)!
- Because everyone is not an expert in video technology.
- Because manufacturers of camcorders have created a 'new incomprehensible terminology' to describe their videos (1080i50, 720p25, HDV 1080i60, etc) and editing softwares use a 'different terminology' (25i, 25p, 30i, etc).
- Because your editing softwares have some specific needs to keep the quality of your shooting during all its editing.
- Because you have specific needs for your editing.
- Or because you want more than your editing software propose to you when importing videos ;-).