MovieCaptioner keeps repeating a segment of the movie until you are done typing what you hear. Just hit the Return key and it will save your caption and automatically advance to the next few seconds of the movie, allowing you to zip through your captioning tasks in no time flat, the absolute easiest way to create captions for your videos? You don't need to be a QuickTime guru, either. The caption track is added automatically with the click of a button. And exporting Transcripts compiles all the captions into one concise text file, with or without timecode. If you can type, you can make your movies and YouTube videos accessible. Already have transcripts and just need to add them as captions to your movies? MovieCaptioner will allow you to import the text as captions, making the job a snap. It will also import other caption formats such as SCC, STL, XML, SRT, QT Text, Adobe Encore, Avide Text, SBV, and SUB to convert to other supported formats. MovieCaptioner is used by many well-known organizations, agencies, universities, churches, transcriptionists, and video production shops. Microsoft, Apple, NASA, The Oprah Winfrey Network, Showtime, Starbucks, Amazon, the Smithsonian Institution, the Sydney Oprah House, Penn State, MIT, Cal Poly, the University of Texas, Ohio State, and many, many more all rely on MovieCaptioner to make their videos accessible. If it's good enough for them, why not you? You get world class support too. Give MovieCaptioner a try today.
What is new in this release:
- Will now automatically add blank captions on import so captions that previously would have been up too long expire after 6 seconds. This feature can also be applied to previous projects by going to Add Blank Captions under the Edit menu.
- Minor bug fixes
What is new in version 5.38:
- Bug fixes in Avid Text File export option
What is new in version 5.37:
- TTML import better supports Netflix and Brightcove XML files
What is new in version 5.30:
- Bug fixes on XML imports
What is new in version 5.26:
- Added missing n with tilde to Symbols menu
What is new in version 5.25:
- SCC import now preserves line breaks and eliminates extra spaces before and after caption.
- Fixed captions ending in colon where the colon could get bumped to the next caption.
- Preferences window now properly displays the chosen line break symbol.
- Repeat interval now properly loads the value from the Preferences window on new projects.
- SRT import can now take timecode with the wrong decimal separator (should be a comma).
- New video tutorials at http://www.synchrimedia.com/tutorials.html to get you up and running quickly.
What is new in version 5.21:
- Fixed a bug that was giving a test message for each line of the SRT import.
What is new in version 5.0:
- Fixed a bug with the last timecode of the SRT export.
- Fixed a bug with the SRT import that could crash the software if an SRT file was imported that did not start at 0.
- Fixed a bug in the Preferences that was not loading the desired preferences for new projects.
- Added a preference for the Beep on/off in the Preferences window.
What is new in version 4.99:
- Fixe an issue with the new Web VTT file import
What is new in version 4.98:
- Added Web VTT file import
What is new in version 4.95:
- Better compatibility with Brightcove DFXP TTML format.
What is new in version 4.94:
- More accurately computes the final timecode in SRT files to prevent the last timecode from occurring before the last caption's start time.
What is new in version 4.91:
- Fixed crash when a word was added to the spellcheck dictionary
What is new in version 4.9:
- Tegrity Lecture Capture caption export
- Fixed timecode issue with STL export
- DFXP-TTML export now displays special characters properly
- Fixed an issue with HD movie display in the Preview player
- Fixed a problem with entering numbers into the hour slot in the Shift Start Times window
All users MUST install QuickTime 7 as QuickTime X is not fully functional and will not work with MovCaptioner.
- Adobe Flash CS3 required for creating Flash movies that use XML captions
- Flip4Mac plugin (free) required for loading Windows Media movies
- Perian plugin (free) for QuickTime required for loading FLV movies
- ClosedCaptionImporter plugin for QT (free from Apple) for creating SCC captions
14-day trial (fully functional)