MP4tools is an offshoot of the current version of MKVtools. It is a Mac OS X application used for the creation and editing of MP4 videos. It was primarily designed for processing videos files for use in hardware capable of playing MP4 or M4V videos, such as the iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and PS3. As the name might imply, MP4tools is a graphical interface for a variety of tools useful for processing video files.
What is new in this release:
- Updated/Improved the transfer of subtitles to SUBtools
- Fixed a bug that could cause to freeze after the completion of some conversions
- Fixed a bug where for a device is setting of General, the app would try to edit the AVC profile level
- In the Settings Presets, the "Add 2-Ch. Track" now correctly uses the "If Stereo" bitrate
- Fixed a bug where log files were created for some processes regardless of preference settings
What is new in version 3.6.4:
- Fixed a bug that prevented files from opening for some users.
What is new in version 3.5.3:
- Deleted a stray button matrix in the subtitle filter popup.
- Fixed a bug that could change the username when updating on systems with macports installed.
- Restored creation of default track titles.
What is new in version 3.5.2:
- Fixed some issues with registration status and usernames.
- Fixed bugs that would cause crashes when some text fields were empty.
- Fixed bug that could cause subtitles imported from SUBtools to be ignored when processed.
- Fixed a bug that could cause crashing with some EyeTV files.
- Fixed movie metadata search bug.
What is new in version 3.4.5:
- Fixed an initial set of Yosemite related bugs
- Fixed bug where log files of identical processes get appended instead of rewritten
- Fixed a bug that could cause crashes when editing jobs from the queue