nessViewer is the all-round media application to edit, browse, collect and arrange, present, transfer and stream media. It combines media player, media center, media server, media editor and preview tool.
The main idea is to use only one media application instead of switching between several applications like DVD Player, Front Row, Safari, QuickTime Player and Preview. And to combine the most important features of these applications with further functionality.
nessViewer supports the following media: DVDs, pictures, movies / videos, media shows (storable playlists) and portable documents (PDFs). Movies and videos are playable in all common formats (like AVI, DivX, MKV, MPEG4) thru the QuickTime extensions Flip4Mac and Perian.
Beside these supported media, the media center also allows it to access EyeTV movies, Aperture and iPhoto media like images and videos, iTunes media including bought or rented movies (DRM) and Miro video podcasts (RSS).
What is new in this release:
- DVD cover search by new provider: FreeCovers (Movie Info & MediaCenter)
- Intel: changeover to ScriptingBridge from AppleScript (currently only for iTunes controlling)
- NRW (Nikon camera RAW format) support for Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
- Improved handling (scrolling):
- asynchron creation of "combined" previews (iPhoto albums, iTunes movie playlists, folders)
- asynchron search & load of DVD covers
- improved support of (external) movie playlists
- improved start of protected movies and TV shows (DRM)
- Folders (pictures, movies, volumes): "combined" preview of included media
- Pictures: improved presentation duration for "slower" computers or larger pictures
Perian, FlipForMac (WMV), VLC