Nikon Capture NX is a full-scale digital-image processing and editing software application for digital photographers, descended from Nikon Capture. Capture NX now provides:
- Powerful U Point technology powered Color Control Points that enable the user to directly enhance the image selectively, without the use of masks, selections, or layers.
- Continued ability to apply every tool non-destructively (Requires the user to save their image with NEF. Original file can be JPEG, TIFF, or NEF). Selective tools such as the Selection Brush and Selection Gradient that can be used to selectively apply any of the enhancements.
- 25 new tools and enhancements, ranging from the Black, White, and Neutral Control Point tools that enable the user to remove color casts and set their image's dynamic range, to the Distortion Correction enhancement that enables the user to reduce barrel and pincushion type distortions in their images.
- A highly-featured browser.
What is new in this release:
Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions
- Support for RAW images captured with the D7100 has been added.
- An Auto2 option has been added to New WB under White Balance in the Camera Settings portion of the Develop section in the Edit List palette. This option is available with RAW images taken with the D7000. However, colors will differ slightly from those achieved with the camera's White Balance set to AUTO2 Keep warm lighting colors.
The following issues have been resolved:
Issues resolved with both the Windows and Macintosh versions
- When some color profiles were used as the monitor (or display) profile, colors were extremely blue.
- When the Selection Control Point was dragged, an error was sometimes displayed and Capture NX 2 would quit unexpectedly.
Additional issues resolved with the Macintosh version
- When some color profiles were used and the Soft Proof feature enabled, colors were sometimes strange.
- When a large number of color profiles were registered with the computer, Capture NX 2 was sometimes unable to open images.