- Reduced noise (horizontal lines) in movies shot with 1280×720@60p or 1280×720@50p selected for Frame size/frame rate.
- Fixed an issue with the camera freezing when the Clean image sensor option was used.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the display to darken when images were viewed by pressing the Playback button.
- Fixed an issue with the menus for some languages where continued scrolling would cause the camera to freeze.
- Fixed issues with the virtual horizon displayed using the Viewfinder virtual horizon option.
Viewing the Camera Firmware Version:
- Turn the camera on.
- Press the camera MENU button and select Firmware version in the setup menu to display the camera firmware version.
- Check the camera firmware version.
- Turn the camera off.
Updating the Camera Firmware:
- Create a folder on the computer hard disk and name it as desired.
- Download and run the file into the created folder.
- Using a card slot or card reader, copy “D7100_0103.bin” to a memory card that has been formatted in the camera.
- Insert the memory card into the camera and turn the camera on.
- Select Firmware version in the setup menu and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update.
- Once the update is complete, turn the camera off and remove the memory card.
- Confirm that the firmware has been updated to the new version.
About Digital Camera Updates:
Updating to a newer firmware version than the one already installed on your camera can improve the device’s overall performance and stability, resolve various issues, and add support for newly developed features or enhance existing ones.
On the other hand, downgrading the camera’s firmware can recover its functionality in the unlikely event the currently installed version is faulty or the device’s performance dropped after an upgrade. However, bear in mind that applying an earlier build might not always be possible.
It is recommended that changing the camera’s firmware be performed when the new release resolves an issue that your device has been encountering, or adds a new feature (or enhances an existing one) that could prove useful for you.
This process isn’t intended to be destructive, but still, it’s best to save all your personal data and configurations before applying a different firmware. Moreover, make sure that the battery is fully charged and don’t use the camera’s buttons while the installation is in progress.
When it comes to the update method, usually, you must copy the firmware file onto a compatible memory card, insert it into the camera, and browse from the menu to the device’s update section.
However, each device has various ways to enter the update mode and particular steps that should be taken for a successful upgrade, therefore make sure you read the product’s installation guide.
That being said, if you consider that this firmware improves your device in any way, then hit the download button and get the desired version; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will boost your camera’s performance.