Norton Security protects your PC against the latest viruses, spyware, and other threats. It delivers fast, powerful online protection to keep you a step ahead of cyber attacks. It lets you chat, email and share files without worry, updates automatically, offers easy-to-use features, and includes free customer support during your subscription period.
What is new in this release:
- Added a link to launch Norton Forums from the Help Center UI
- Added the ability to directly Add a Device from the Help Center UI
- Changed the flow for enabling browser based features in Firefox (SafeSearch, Security Toolbar, and Identify Safe)
- Additional prompts to configure the newly added ID Safe support for Firefox.
- Removed the optical (CD-DVD) backup feature due to general trend to obsolescence. The product will continue to support restore from optical media.
- Minor usability tweaks to the way the 'More Norton' pillar of the main UI is toggled
- Fixed an issue where sometimes CPU would spike to 100% when running scans on SSD drives
- Fixed an issue where sometimes full system scans fail to complete
- Fixed an intermittent problem where the Norton Toolbar disappears in IE
- Fixed an issue where Safeweb markups were not working for the Japanese translations of Bing and Yahoo search
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Norton would prevent the computer from going into sleep mode
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Norton Insight jobs would fail to run in the background
- Fixed an issue where Safeweb markups were not working on Yahoo search on Chrome
What is new in version 184.108.40.206:
Version 220.127.116.11 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 18.104.22.168:
- Updated text for popup window when scanning without a network connection
- Fixed a problem with the popup not appearing in certain scanning situations