NZB Drop is a sophisticated Usenet downloading utility, specifically designed to work with .nzb files, a new file format used to identify binaries posted to Usenet newsgroups. Used in conjunction with a growing number of Usenet search engines, NZB Drop allows you to download the content you want directly, without having to wade through thousands of headers to find what you're looking for.
What is new in this release:
- Introducing Rules: fine control over what's tossed, what's kept, and exactly where it's put.
- Updated unrar to the latest version so files archived with RAR v5 can now be unarchived.
- Fixed potential for multiple threads to run redundant par2 checks at the same time.
- Fixed clipping of bookmark button icon in Search view.
- Updated SMTP code to support StartTLS connections on port 587.
- NZB files double-clicked to launch the app are now properly selected and displayed.
What is new in version 3.1:
- Added support for specifying passwords for encrypted rar archives.
- Added commands for re-downloading files or entire nzb sets.
- Added vibrancy in nzb table (Yosemite and later).
- Bandwidth menu now uses turle icon to indicate when bandwidth is limited.
- Added Enter Full Screen menu item and key equivalent.
- Hide Download Activity now properly adjusts nzb table scrollview.
- Fixed display of nzb column tooltips.
- Fixed redraw glitch when deleting files or collections.
- Fixed drawing problems for collections with no subject.
- Fixed potential crash checking unresponsive pop server for email messages containing nzb files.
- Fixed inability to delete last remaining digit in port field of server preferences.
- Fixed the ability to specify a custom default nzb search site in search preferences.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed potential crash deleting files while downloading.
- Fixed rare crash closing nzb set.
What is new in version 3.01:
- Fixed incompatibility with OS X.7 (Lion)
- Fixed auto-quit preference option.
- Fixed glitch deleting unselected NZB sets.
- Fixed several minor UI issues.