OfficeHaven is a collection of five HMS modules into one program. It links with the DocHaven, CRMHaven, CashHaven and TwitHaven modules. It provides an integrated set of tools to help manage your files, your clients, your money, your messaging and your screens while both in the office and remotely. You may find it easier to manage just one application if you decide to use more of the HMS modules. All HMS modules can be run any of three ways - from one standalone PC (Macintosh, Windows or Linux) to a LAN to a service hosted entirely on the 'Cloud'.
What is new in this release:
- [New] Compatible with MacOS X Mountain Lion.
- [New] Users can now get a list of their quotas and data usage on the server.
- [New] Registration online is now cgi-based.
- [New] Passwords on the server are now salted and encrypted.
- [New] New procedures (PreparedStatements) are now used to eliminate SQL injection attacks.
- [New] Linux users need to install GStreamer or Xine via Ubuntu PackageManager to get sound output.
- [New] It is now possible to invite an existing user to join your group. They will need to accept the invitation before it will proceed. Group Managers can remove a Group member at any time.
- [New] It is now possible for Pro users to input the details for a Local Storage server. A Local Storage server is a folder on their local computer that usually maps to a remotely synchronised server such as iCloud. The server can have a separate path for Macintosh, Windows and Linux. If the folder does not map to an external site, be aware that your documents are stored on and served from your one computer, so ensure you keep a backup elsewhere for security.
- [New] It is now possible for Pro users to create new accounts that are automatically members of their default Group.
- [New] Compatible with Retina Display.
- [New] Allows windows to be full screen in MacOS X Mountain Lion
- [Fix] The tabs in the Database window have been reordered to be more logical.
- [Fix] The order of the icons in the Menu window have been made alphabetical.
- [Fix] The Log Notes field in the Quotas window now shows foreign characters properly.
- [Fix] The App Store versions of DocHaven and Officehaven for the Mac now store their documents in the Library/Application Support/Holy Mackerel Software/DocHaven folder.
- [Fix] Most Text fields have been changed to load faster (TEXT changed to VARCHAR).
- [Fix] Many network errors have now been fixed.
- [Fix] Managing the Database settings has now been moved under Preferences and is now much faster.
- [Fix] Configuring the connection to the HMS server has been moved to the Preferences when at the login screen. It has also been cleaned up.
- [Fix] Cancelling long processes have now been improved.
- [Fix] Backup now names the backup files correctly.
Free trials are limited to 1000 Mbytes of projects, 1000 Clients and 1000 screen images. Free accounts cannot share data via groups.