ohmiGene is a complete program for the management of your genealogical data.
Available in French and English, ohmiGene works under MacOS X (PowerPC or MacIntel, including Leopard) and Windows.
ohmiGene is a 'clean' program : it works exclusively in the folder which contains it.
A database created on Mac works on PC, and vice versa.
An USB key, containing a working folder with the programs ohmiGene (PPC), ohmiGene X (MacIntel) and ohmiGene.exe (Windows) can be connected on any computer : ohmiGene is immediately operational
Data are saved in the database with the encoding UTF8 : languages as the cyrillic can be used.
ohmiGene is THE program, working with a database, which respects more the GEDCOM format (import-export).
If any context concerning the submission of a file to the church LDS is absent, almost totality of the other contexts are correctly handled (import, manipulation and export...): individual records ou family records, evnts, attributes ... without forgetting the relations (tag ASSO), the multiple identities, neither the possible doubles (tag ALIA) ... contexts often ignored by many software !
- The majority of the current features are present: individual or family card, websites, quick lists, trees, fan chart ...
- The majority of the contexts support an unlimited number of associated documents, notes (format RTF), sources and sakouveux ...
- The possibility of easily creating lists of persons, according to a multitude of criteria. These lists can be the object of tasks in series (marks, sources...), printed or exported ...
- Etc. .
- Modules allowing to manage the surnames, the mess of places, the sources, the documents associated, the names of the events, the sakouveux ...
- A powerful module TO TRACK THE DOUBLES before merging them, if necessary.
- Without forgetting a module providing some statistics, a module allowing to convert dates in various calendars (Julien, Gregorian, Chinese, Indian, Islamic, Jewish and French), a possible connection with Google Maps, etc. .