OnTheAir Video Express is the ultimate QuickTime playout application on the Mac for professional looking playlist playout when using third party video cards or the Mac's own Mini DisplayPort or HDMI ports. OnTheAir Video Express can output in both SD (standard definition) and HD (high definition) and will even resize your SD clips to HD when outputting HDMI. It can output to your screen ANY file that QuickTime can read.
What is new in this release:
- NEW: Updated video devices SDK and frameworks (this is the main reason of the version number change)
- NEW: Added touch bar compatibility
- NEW: AJA cards now appear/disappear in the list of playback devices when the device is connected/disconnected
- IMPROVED: The menu "Contact Softron Support..." now gathers the unified logs of macOS Sierra
- IMPROVED: Read performances on some network drives
- IMPROVED: Scrubbing on some files
- IMPROVED: Scrubbing elapsed and remaining times accuracy
- IMPROVED: Time window size of Timecode information
- IMPROVED: Internal and External Key opacity are now done on Alpha
- FIXED: Some DNxHD QuickTime mov files were indicated as not valid
- FIXED: Playback of some H.264 files
- FIXED: Playback of some ProRes files on network drives
- FIXED: DNxHD 440 RGB files in a YUV output
- FIXED: HDMI output with AJA Io 4K
- FIXED: Audio Issues with AJA devices (we can now select minimum 6 channels)
What's new only for OnTheAir Video 3.4?
- NEW: CC is now also working for 720p and 1080p
- FIXED: Inaccuracy of the "Absolute Start Time"
animated Softron logo over the video