High-performance multiple protocol data access components provide transparent access to remote databases from any ODBC-, JDBC-, OLE DB-, or ADO.NET-compliant application. Desktop Productivity Tools (i.e., Spreadsheets, Word Processors, Presentation Packages, Desktop Databases, Personal Organizers, etc.), Client-Server Application Development Environments, Web-based Database Publishing Tools, and Computer Telephony Integration packages, are just a few of the many products that can take advantage of our standards compliance.
These service components enables connections from OpenLink Generic Clients on any platform, to TCP/IP-accessible local or remote MySQL instances.
- Blistering Performance
- ODBC v1.0 through v3.5 Compliance
- ODBC Core, Level 1, Level 2, and Extensions support
- Client-based Scrollable Cursor Support
- Unmanaged and 100% Managed ADO.NET Providers support connections from Windows .NET and any Mono-supported environment including Mac OS X, Solaris, etc.
- JDBC Type 1 connections supported from any Java Run-Time environment
- JDBC Type 3 connections supported from any Java Run-Time environment when found on an OpenLink Generic ODBC Client-supported platform
- Type 1 and Type 3 JDBC drivers are fully compatible with JDK/JRE/JVM 1.1 thru 1.4
- OpenLink OLE DB Provider for ODBC supports connections from Windows
- Server installations include ODBC and JDBC client components for all platforms, and OLE DB and ADO.NET client components for Windows.
What is new in this release:
- Improved support for cross-platform character set translation, including full Unicode compliance
- Mac OS X, 10.2.3 or higher
- TCP/IP-accessible local or remote MySQL instance
- ODBC-compliant client application, with OpenLink Multi-Tier Generic ODBC Driver
- JDBC-compliant client application, with OpenLink Multi-Tier Generic JDBC Driver
- OLE DB-compliant client application, with OpenLink OLE DB Provider for ODBC and OpenLink Multi-Tier Generic ODBC Driver
- ADO.NET-compliant client application, with Managed OpenLink ADO.NET Provider, or with Unmanaged OpenLink ADO.NET Provider for ODBC and OpenLink Multi-Tier Generic ODBC Driver