Output Factory Server automates InDesign output workflow by processing files from watched hot folders. The software offloads printing and exporting to a central system leaving operator workstations free from the output process. Output Factory supports print, PDF, PostScript, EPS, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, Flash, INX, IDML, EPUB, HTML and INDD.
Output Factory Server offers the following key features: process InDesign documents and books automatically from hot folders, automatic e-mail notifications during processing, automatic font activation, output as single pages, update modified links automatically, layer versioning, variable output file names, preflighting, print booklet, preflight final PDFs and detailed history.
What is new in this release:
- [fixed] Fixed an issue in which an error occurred when attempting to run a script that's set to run on page or layer. In order to run such scripts, InDesign document windows will be visible during processing if the option to run a script per page/layer is selected in the Scripts settings.
- [fixed] Improved reporting of errors that can happen when preparing InDesign document for running a script on page/layer.
- [updated] Additional informational text included in the Scripts settings pane.
What is new in version 2.0:
- NEW: Actions: Output to multiple formats from a single hot folder.
- NEW: Process aliases instead of original InDesign files.
- NEW: Open final files with selected app.
- NEW: Improved Script Label token.
- NEW: Ignore script label on hidden layers.
- Numerous UI improvements.
- Numerous fixes and improvements in stability and performance.
What is new in version 1.2.5:
- Fixed an issue in which Output Factory couldn't parse some InDesign's text variables when using the Script Label token in variable file names
What is new in version 1.2.2:
- Fixed an issue in which the XMP variable token in file name could be presented incorrectly after selecting an XMP variable from token's pull-down menu.
- Fixed an issue in which the host name appeared in sample file name instead of computer's name when representing the Computer Name token.
What is new in version 1.2:
- NEW: IDML files can now be processed.
- NEW: PDF security options can now be specified and saved with Output Factory workflows..
- Some interface fixes on Yosemite.
What is new in version 1.1.1:
- Fixed an issue in which email notifications weren't sent for the "Wrong image resolution" and "Overset text" errors selected in advanced preflighting settings.
- Fixed an issue in which some advanced preflight settings weren't saved in new workflows under certain conditions.
- The sort order of Recent Jobs and History tables is now remembered between launches.
- Updated preflight droplet info.
What is new in version 1.1:
- NEW: New email framework which supports SSL and TLS connection security.
- Fixed an issue in which an email notification for each missing hot folder was sent every second. Only one email per missing hot folder is now sent.
- Fixed an issue in which the "File is started" email notification wasn't sent.
What is new in version 1.0.22:
- Fixed an issue in which the installer of "Submit to Output Factory Server" plug-in couldn't locate installed InDesign versions under certain conditions, which resulted in plug-in not being installed.
What is new in version 1.0.21:
- Support for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Adobe InDesign CS3 - CC 2014
30-day fully functional trial