PartitionGuru is a powerful tool for data recovery, partition manager and partition backup, for it provides lots of functions. Partition Management - It can create format, resize, extend, backup, split, hide and clone partition, both MBR and GPT are supported. Disk and partition conversion - Convert dynamic disk to basic, convert virtual disk format and convert MBR to GPT, convert primary partition to logical. File recovery - It can recover files deleted or emptied form recycle bin, recover files from damaged partition or disk and recover files by file type and supports file preview and file filter. Partition recovery - It is the best partition recovery program in that it can recover files from damaged, corrupted and RAW partitions, search for lost partition and recover files from it, besides, it can fix partition table. RAID recovery - It can reconstruct Virtual RAID and recover files from it, and all RAID types are supported. Sector Edit - It can edit the sector data just as WinHex; Backup and Restore - It can backup and restore partition including system partition, hard disk and partition table. Bad Tracks - It can check and repair bad sectors for all storage devices; check hard disk S.M.A.R.T. information. Delete files permanently - It can delete files permanently so that they can't be recovered by any data recovery software. Virtual Disk - It supports virtual disks, including VMware, Virtual PC and Virtual Box; Dos - It includes a dos version PartitionGuru with same interface function and operation; PartitionGuru is compatible with all versions of Windows system, both 32 bit and 64 bit; Support FAT12/FAT16/FAt32/exFAT/NTFS/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4.
What is new in this release:
- 1. Support NTFS partition whose cluster is larger than 128 sectors.
2. Add write support for EXT4 file system.
3. Backup / restore EXT4 partition.
4. Support cloning EXT4 partition.
5. Support resizing EXT4 partition.
6. Support recovering lost EXT4 partition.
7. Add menu item to boot to PartitionGuru WinPE version.
8. Support creating WinPE bootable disk.
9. Menu items like "Shut down" "Restart" "Run" and "Adjust screen resolution" are abled when you run PartitionGuru WinPE version.
10. Quick Partition feature can save current settings to Options.ini file as default partitioning scheme, so that it can be used automatically in future operations.
What is new in version 22.214.171.1249:
1. Support formatting partition to EXT2/3/4 file system. 2. Display 64-bit NTFS volume ID. 3. Add a feature to change volume serial number. 4. Improve file preview for text files and judge character encoding automatically. 5. Hex editor improves support for EXT4 file system. 6. Improve application stability while it is recovering files. 7. Improve the support for mp4 files in file recovery feature. 8. Fix a display error that happened when partition on FDD disk exceeded capacity. 9. Fix an issue that sometimes files couldn't be selected after clicking "Files" tab.
What is new in version 126.96.36.1991:
Version 188.8.131.521: 1. Display and read files in EXT4 partition. 2. Hex editor supports Go To Sector operations related to EXT4 file system. 3. Hex editor supports Data Template related to EXT4 file system. 4. Support FDD disk or image which is formatted to EXT4. 5. Add support displaying data allocation table for EXT4 partition. 6. Mouse cursor in data allocation table can be moved by Up and Down keys, and the cursor cannot be moved out of the table. 7. When operating GUID partition for MAC, it won't clear master boot record if not needed. 8. Optimize the way of showing file cluster list. 9. Fixed an issue that it couldn't backup and restore partition table which contains EXT2/3/4 partition. 10. Fixed an issue that it didn't correctly display icon for folders in EXT3 partition. 11. Fixed an issue that in some cases it couldn't extend partition. 12. Fixed an issue that hex editor couldn't enter capitalized hex characters (A-F).
What is new in version 184.108.40.2064:
Version 220.127.116.114: 1. Add "Apply" button to "Construct Virtual RAID" window so that program can show result in time after changing parameters. 2. Improve speed to read files for virtual RAID. 3. The main interface is able to show configuration information of virtual RAID. 4. Fixed an issue in 32-bit application that it couldn't create logical partition on extended partition. 5. Fixed an issue that application couldn't copy files to network computer. 6. Fixed an issue that in some cases application crashed when deleting files directly. 7. Fixed an issue that in some cases application couldn't restore FAT32 partition from image file and failed to load FAT32 image file to extract data. 8. Fixed an issue for file recovery that in some situations application didn't update scanning result immediately after loading scanning progress.
What is new in version 18.104.22.1688:
Version 22.214.171.1248: 1. Support exFAT file system, including read & write files, backup/restore/clone exFAT partition, recover lost partition, file recovery, quick partition, batch format multiple USB flash drives. 2. Add support for viewing hard drive s.m.a.r.t information. 3. Sector editor adds menu item to show cluster list occupied by root directory. 4. Sector editor adds C Source, GREP Hex and Pascal Source to function copying block to clipboard. 5. File cluster list window displays file size, cluster and fragment number. 6. Display disk properties such as removable, read-only, SSD. 7. Improve stability for reading or writing FAT32 partition. 8. Enhance file recovery for FAT32 partition and improve success rate. 9. Improve speed to load partition data allocation graph. 10. Optimize the support of super-capacity NTFS partition. 11. Improve compatibility for damaged GUID partition table. 12. When it formats partition, cluster size can't be less than physical sector size. 13. It does not assign drive letter when formatting hidden partition by default. If you want to assign drive letter, you need to unhide the partition first. 14. When searching for lost partitions, it won't prompt "this is a logical partition" if the ending location is beyond 2TB range. 15. Create new partition adds support TB unit. 16. It prevents GUID partition conflicts when it restores or clones partitions on GPT disk. 17. Support files without file names in NTFS file system. 18. Bad sector verifying function allows users to sort data by clicking titles on Sector Details window. 19. Batch formatting multiple USB flash drive feature supports USB HUB. 20. Resolves an issue that it failed to copy files from root directory of a partition to specified partition.
What is new in version 4.8:
1. Batch formatting of USB flash drives, which can automatically format newly inserted USB flash drives in batch based on specific requirements. 2. The program is able to safely eject removable disks. 3. Erase empty space on a partition to prevent lost data from being recovered. 4. Extend partition without losing data, including extending system partition. II Improvements on sector editor 1. The item under Copy Block is changed to "Original Data (Ctrl +C)" from "Text (Ctrl +C)" 2. In sector editor window, moving cursor (or press keys such as arrow keys, PageUp) after selecting a block doesn't wipe selected area. 3. It becomes able to save changes made to sector data by pressing Ctrl + S. Fixes a bug that exception occurred when users saved sector data. 4. The "Go to the specified NTFS file record" dialog box remembers file record number entered last time. The dialog box changes title according to partition type being edited. 5. The "Copy Sectors" dialog box prompts not to write data when target partition or disk is recovering files. 6. The "Copy Sectors" dialog box doesn't restrict file type of source file or target file when selecting data. 7. The "Copy Sectors" dialog box shows "Complete" button when sector copy is done, and reports errors if there is any. 8. The "Copy Sectors" dialog box allows users to select disk or partition by double clicking. 9. Click a file or folder in the sector editor area and the editor goes to the starting data of selected file or folder immediately. 10. When a virtual disk is closed, sector editor window of the virtual disk and partition will be closed automatically. 11. When partitions get deleted, their sector editor window closes automatically. 12. When hard drive gets reloaded or closed, its partition sector editor window closes automatically. 13. It allows to copy and paste 192MB (which was 32MB) data via clipboard at most. 14. The tool bar adds "Copy Sectors" button. 15. The "Go To Sector" dialog box adds range options to choose partition or disk. 16. The "Go To Offset" dialog box adds options that can jump relative to beginning or end position of partition or disk. 17. Improves context menu in file list and edit area, placing items in a more reasonable and understandable way. 18. Corrects an issue that sometimes ".." under subdirectory displayed out of order and didn't respond to double clicking. 19. Solves a problem that some menu items of context menu didn't work in file list area of sector editor window opened separately. 20. Fixes an issue that it couldn't select multiple files in the sector editor area.
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
Version 188.8.131.52: 1. Fault tolerance in this program works on GUID partition table, which supports loading problematic GUID partition table. 2. Adds the feature of reporting and correcting errors for GUID partition table. 3. "Recovered Types" section in the recovery result is classified to facilitate file lookup. 4. Optimizes file recovery result for "Recovered Types", filtering out files that are obviously abnormal. 5. Improves File Recovery feature and program stability, supporting certain seriously damaged cases. 6. Supports extracting files from backup image of damaged partition.
What is new in version 4.7.1:
1. Adds "Pause" button for "Recover Files" dialogue box. When file scanning pauses, users can copy files immediately and save scanning progress. 2. Recovers the progress bar for the dialogue box "Bad Track Verification" and adds a list for detailed info. 3. Enhances the function "Explore Partition Image File" and improves the adaptability of damaged image file. 4. Improves the program's stability
What is new in version 4.7:
1. Changes the way of showing Disk Partition Structure. 2. Updates the appearance for the interface of bad sector verification 3. Optimizes file recovery function, filtering invalid partitions and speeding up arranging files. 4. Displays files it found out during the course of scanning files. 5. It is able to save scanning progress when the program recovers deleted files. 6. The default recovery mode is modified from Recover Deleted Files to Complete Recovery. 7. Increases file scanning speed of recovering deleted files from NTFS partitions. 8. Recovered Typed doesn't display files that overlaps with files from normal directory structure. 9. Reminds users who want to discard current file scanning result. 10. Adds support of FAT16 partition which is formatted by IBMDOS. 11. It doesn't show excluded files while loading image file of incremental backup. 12. Picks up responding speed of switching hard drives. 13. Input focus is set to editing era after sector goto. 14. Rectifies an issue that sometimes the program failed to start in WinPE. 15. Fix an issue that program corrupted after partition resizing is interrupted by force. 16. Addresses a problem that program requires registering when extracting PMF file. 17. Fixes a bug that it couldn't return to parent directory after double clicking ".." on the dialog box "Select Image File". 18. Fixes a bug that program corrupted when previewing certain pictures. 19. Fixes a bug that sometimes it couldn't extract all files from PMF file. 20. Fixes a bug that the in some cases it corrupted when restoring partition from image file. 21. Redresses an issue that the statistics of selected files were not accurate when recovering files. 22. Fixes a bug that it failed to show the exact folder number on the right-bottom interface. 23. Fixes a bug that the Partition and Folder Tree area didn't match the actual situation when operating system is not installed on hard disk 0.