PatchTool is designed to visualize, re-arrange, average, compare (with statistics), convert, and export color lists in a color-managed environment. You can export a list as an image, in plain text format, or in a CGATS compatible file format; you can also export lists as color catalogues (Color Decks) to be used within the BabelColor CT&A program.
What is new in this release:
- Extract Data from Profile tool: Extract and save the measurement data provided in dedicated tags within an ICC profile. The data can be in the form of a CGATS file, an XML file, or a compressed CxF3 file (ZXML tag). This tool can be used with the program in demo mode.
- Extract Target from Image tool: This tool can now extract targets from 8 bit and 16 bit TIFF L*a*b* images.
- Extract Target from Image tool:
Added a 'Set to corners' button to lock the target mask on the image corners; this is useful when the target fills the image.
The tool now provides more accurate extraction at low zoom values and high patch-fill ratios. In particular, the program will reject image pixels located at, or near, a patch edge and will not process the same edge pixel for two patches.
Faster target extraction.
- Patch view tab of opened files (standard files and Compare files):
The patch layout is now in the center of the window.
Now draws unused patches, in the bottom part of the last column, with a cross.
Now shows the current row quantity when changing the window size in 'Floating' mode. This is useful when you want to manually assign and lock the row quantity after a resize.
(Mac) The patch layout is resized in real time while changing the window size.
- i1Pro and i1Pro 2:
Now supports the i1Pro 2 SDK Version 4.2.0.
Added a button in the Instrument Info dialog (when called from Patch-Reader) to check i1Pro / i1Pro 2 lamp restore. Lamp restoration is performed, if required, when this check is requested.
Note: Lamp restore is not available in the PowerPC and Windows XP packages, which still use the older SDK.
- New improved-accuracy table-based algorithm to compute the CCT. The acceptable isotemperature zone is between 1000 K and 100,000 K. A warning is issued when calibrating an instrument with a white patch if Duv (CIE1960) is not within plus or minus 0,05 (Duv data not provided).
- Fixed a bug where out-of-gamut profile transforms are properly detected. The problem affected only some functions of the Gamut Tools, more specifically the 'Gamut volume' computation and the 'Device independent spaces' list generator. This bug mostly happened with CMYK profiles and ICC V4 RGB profiles.
- Fixed a bug where the 'Stats' tab of opened Compare files is properly updated when changing the preference for the 'CIE 94 reference mode' or the preference for 'Delta h* computation...' in the Preferences dialog.
- Fixed a bug where the DTP94 colorimeter was not properly detected by pressing the 'Info' button in the 'Display-Check' or 'Display-Reader' tool windows if the instrument was connected after opening 'Display-Check' or 'Display-Reader'.