The Photomatix HDR plug-in for Apple Aperture offers the following features:
- Merge of bracketed photos into HDR
- Option for automatic alignment of the bracketed photos
- Options for automatic reduction of noise and chromatic aberrations
- Tone Mapping with the Details Enhancer and Tone Compressor methods
- Exposure Fusion with the "H&S - Adjust" method
The standalone Photomatix Pro offers all above features. It also offers selective deghosting, preset thumbnails, Loupe preview, read/write support of 32-bit HDR image format, and a powerful batch processing. These features are missing in the current version of the Photomatix Plug-in for Aperture.
What is new in this release:
Bug fixed: When invoking the Plugin in a Smart Album while the "Import saved image" option is enabled, the saved image was not imported and instead a duplicate of the image at normal exposure was created.