PhotoTiles creates a tiled photo or PDF of a folder of images, web page graphics, movie frames or PDF file pages. The array of images can be of various dimensions and sizes. When tiling images in a folder the program can also generate an HTML image map file.
After the program is configured by specifying a few options, simply drag a folder of images or movie file onto the application, or its main window. Or select "PhotoTile Browser URL" to tile the images on the current web page. After processing is complete you will be prompted to specify the output image format and location.
Use the preferences window to configure the program. The preferences options currently available are as follows:
- Columns. Number of columns of cells across the tiled image.
- Cell Size. Width and height of each cell.
- Cell Spacing. The distance between each cell.
- Include Cell Border. Select this option to frame each cell. You also specify the thickness of the cell border.
- Include Image Border. Select this option to frame each image. You also specify the thickness of the image border.
- Include Filenames. Select this option to display the image filename at the bottom of each cell. The size of the font can be specified. The "X Offset" is the horizontal offset from the left side of each cell to draw the filename. The "Y Offset" is the vertical offset from the bottom of each cell to draw the filename.
- Movies - Skip. The spacing between selected frames for imaging.
- Movies - From Frame. Start at this frame (numbering starts at 1).
- Movies - To Frame. Stop at this frame. Leave blank to go to the end of the movie.
- Movies - Get Frame Count. Get the frame count of a movie file.
- Auto Open. Select this option to automatically open the tiled image after it is saved.
- Filter Non-Graphic Files. This option is useful when you know the folder of images also contains files which are not images. Non-image files will cause the tiled image to have blank spaces since they can't be imaged. Deselect this option otherwise to improve processing speed.
PhotoTiles is available in the Mac App Store.
What is new in this release:
- Added two new preferences in the "Output Format" pane of Preferences: "Flip Horizontal" and "Flip Verticle." These options reflect the image cells around the image-centered verticle and horizontal axes, respectively.
Fully functional 10-day trial