Power Out works with any UPS even if it doesn't have a USB connection or support Mac OS X. Power Out works by detecting the status of a pre-selected USB device that is plugged into the computer. When this device loses power, Power Out assumes a power failure and starts the shutdown procedure. A shutdown delay has been added incase you accidently remove this device, thus allowing you to abort the shutdown and continue working.
- USB Activated - Therefore works with any UPS.
- Time Delay Shutdown
- Notifications - Email, OS X, iOS and Android
- Power Out Log - Logs all failures and testing
- Applescript - For advanced users, you can write your own scripts to perform before shutdown
1. Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)
2. Self power USB device (we recommend a 12V USB hub)