Count the words and characters of any text quickly and with extreme flexibility! This is the perfect app for counting regular words and characters, but it also supports a simple yet powerful rule editor so you can, for instance, count paragraphs or strings of numbers instead.
To start just enter any text and press analyze. In a moment all words and characters are listed on the right side. The predefined rules will serve most needs, but you can customize them in the preferences.
The preferences are simple, yet powerful. You can give special names to characters but, more importantly, you can define how QuickCounter decides if a letter is part of a word (i.e. when a word starts and ends) or not. For example: imagine you don't want commas to be included in words (i.e., whenever a comma is found you want the word to end) but you want floating point numbers to appear as only one word (ex: '3,14' as opposed to '3' and '14'). All you have to do is create a rule that states that a comma is only part of a word only when between numbers. Simple! You can define all sorts of exceptions. The help menu contains a precise and complete explanation.
- Quick and simple counter
- Text highlighting (highlight the selected portions of text)
- Powerful and comprehensive rule editor
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
Any comments and suggestions, don't hesitate: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is new in this release:
- Improved UI: when text is changed a visual cue appears to inform that the analysis results are no longer accurate
- When browsing through the words/characters the corresponding text portions will be highlighted in red