A suite of Unix command-line tools and a server designed to remotely administer the file systems of multiple Unix machines. For Mac OS X, there's also a graphical interface. At its core, radmind operates as a tripwire. It is able to detect changes to any managed filesystem object, e.g. files, directories, links, etc. However, radmind goes further than just integrity checking: once a change is detected, radmind can optionally reverse the change. Each managed machine may have its own loadset composed of multiple, layered overloads. This allows, for example, the operating system to be described separately from applications. Loadsets are stored on a remote server. By updating a loadset on the server, changes can be pushed to managed machines. Also available is the Radmind Assistant, a Mac OS X Cocoa frontend for the radmind tools.
What is new in this release:
- Certificate Revocation List (CRL) support. Patch from daking at rescomp dot stanford dot edu.
- Add --with-pam option to configure script. Based on a patch from peckhamj at umich dot edu.
- [Patch 2931438]: Change port back to standard on failure to connect. Based on a patch from slauncha at umich dot edu.
- Fix universal binary builds on Mac OS X 10.6.
- getsnet script now uses git.
- minor fixes and changes to build system.
- -r (use randfile) was being ignored. Report from daking at rescomp dot stanford dot edu.
- [Bug 1816150]: Can't replace dir with file.
- [Bug 2887658]: fsdiff prints multiple lines for changing character devices. Patch from jforaker at users dot sourceforge dot net.
- Repeated pathnames in transcripts are now treated as an error.
- Fix [Bug 3022287]: 1.14rc1 incorrectly identifying type as applefile. Report from bstr at users dot sourceforge dot net.
- [Bug 2927309]: ktcheck cores with self-referential command files.
- [Patch 2877346]: Add a copy mode to lmerge. Patch from peckhamj at umich dot edu.
- [Patch 2524867]: Add -p (port) option for ra.sh. Based on a patch from steinhof at umich dot edu.
- [Patch 2899332]: Document -p option for ra.sh Patch from ezekielh at umich dot edu.
- dist no longer creates tar archives with '../' path prefixes.
- Fix [Bug 3029115]: RadmindTools-1.14.0rc1.pkg.tar.gz contains leading '../'. Report from daking at stanford dot edu.