RapidWeaver makes it ridiculously easy to create stunning websites on your Mac. Whether you're building your very first website or your fiftieth, RapidWeaver provides you with the know-how to quickly publish websites to be proud of. No matter what you want to build - be it stunning online photo-slideshows straight from your iPhoto library, a company website or your own blog - RapidWeaver lets you do it with a minimum of fuss. RapidWeaver comes with 11 built-in page types - from blogs to sitemaps, photo albums to contact forms - so you can start work on every page in your site from the get-go. All without needing to know a line of code. Simply choose the pages you need for your project, select a theme - customising it using the included variations - and add your content. That's all there is to it.
What is new in this release:
One of the lesser-known features of Handoff in OS X Yosemite is that in addition to app-to-app Handoff, apps can also broadcast a web address for continuity in Safari (we discovered this morning in the team Slack channels that the fine folks at Strava also do this, and it's pretty sweet). Once RapidWeaver 6.0.5 has finished publishing your website address, and so long as RapidWeaver is still the active app, we use Handoff to broadcast your website address allowing you to quickly view the published site on your iPhone, iPad or any other Mac. It makes viewing your freshly-updated site as easy as swiping up on the iOS lockscreen!
What is new in version 6.0.4:
- Fixes a number of problems that would prevent publishing from completing
- Fixes a problem where FTP, FTPS and SFTP publishing could not continue due to a server certificate mis-match. If this affects you, RW will now (correctly) prompt you to approve the server certificate and publish
- Fixes inconsistencies when referencing Resources in Site-wide code
- Improves the resize-ability of Site-wide Code fields
- Smart Quotes are now turned off by default
- Fixes a problem where the logo would appear if there were spaces in the file name
- Fixes a problem where certain page types would not correctly inform RapidWeaver of changes in the page properties, meaning the "Page Has Changed" status would not be updated
- Fixes a problem deleting metatags
- Fixes a problem where "Export Complete" notifications would appear before the export completed
- Fixes a problem when trying to publish a blog page that contained draft blog posts
- Fixes a problem that prevented RapidWeaver from exporting a single page unless an entire site was exported first
- Fixes a problem with the iFrame page
- Improves saving performance when project homepage is a blog page
- Numerous other performance tweaks and changes behind the scenes.- Other minor bugfixes and performance improvements
What is new in version 6.0.3:
- Site-wide code fields are now vertically resizable
- Fixes a problem that would cause unchanged pages to be published
- Fixes a problem where saving a document with missing images could cause RapidWeaver to crash
- Fixes problems that would cause the page list to disappear
- Fixes a number of problems with Master Styles
- Fixes problems when trying to export certain blog pages
- Fixes a problem where the Plugin Updater wouldn't install a plugin update correctly.
- Adds ability to restrict RapidWeaver's FTP publisher to publish only one file at a time (if your host does not support concurrent file uploads).
- Other minor bugfixes and performance improvements
What is new in version 6.0.2:
- Fixes a problem that caused RapidWeaver to append the Site Title to a custom browser title.
- Adds preference for Autosave and Versions
- Fixes a problem with the Add Link sheet being non-editable
- Adjusts size of code views in Page Inspector
- Fixes a problem referencing files in Sitewide code
- Fixes problems with Custom Styles causing hangs
- Fixes a problem where Page Inspector code fields would be applied to other pages
- Fixes a crash when changing the Master Styles settings
- Fixes a problem where publishing would hang when using the Sitemap Plus plugin
- Fixes some theme issues to ensure sites display securely over HTTPS
- Improvements to memory usage
- Improved support for themes to use //-prefixed URLs in Preview Mode
- Lots of other small tweaks and improvements
What is new in version 6.0.1:
- Brings back ability to right-click a page and publish just that page.
- Fixes the "Example Sites" menu item not taking you directly to the Example Sites area (currently just opens the Projects window at whatever view you previously viewed).
- Fixes a problem where the Save dialogue would default to your App Support folder (which is fairly hidden in RW6 due to the way sandboxing works).
- Fixes a crash in Master Styles when the theme name differs from its short name.
- Fixes a problem where RapidWeaver would entity-encode the names of pages, breaking certain themes that require HTML in the Page List to apply Font Awesome icons.
- Fixes for nested blog post links.
- Fixes a problem which would cause RapidWeaver to crash when selecting or deleting a project resource.
- Fixes a problem which would prevent Resources from showing up in the Add Link sheet.
- Updates to the Split and Tesla themes.