Real-Time Granular Synthesizer 3 lets you create wild new sounds and music using a powerful sound manipulation technique called Granular Synthesis. With this technique you can take apart existing sound samples at a microsopic level and create fascinating new sounds by reconstructing these resulting 'sound grains' in interesting ways.
What is new in this release:
- Improved Interface
- The new main interface window design integrates the primary controls into a single window (no more floating windows or menu commands).
- New slider interface design, including integration of both the position and randomness setting into a single slider, and new keyboard shortcuts for quicker access to extra features.
- Larger Buffer window allows for more detailed selection and scrubbing possibilites.
- Extensively detailed documentation, including helpful step-by-step tutorials and FAQ.
- New Capabilities
- Added a setting for Microtonal Resolution to the Transposition Slider.
- New Presets Morph slider lets you interpolate (morph) between stored settings.
- Added a 2D Grain Envelope slider which provides more detailed control over the grain envelope shape.
- Added 2D Amplitude Curve and Pan Scaling sliders which provide more flexibility and control for the grain amplitude and panning settings.
- New Transposition Range pop-up menu lets you set the maximum range of the Transposition Slider from 1 to 8 octaves.
- Added multiple Delays and Filters effects, as well as 2 more VST inserts including wet/dry faders.
- More Controllers
- Added the Open Sound Control protocol, giving access to a wide variety of external OSC devices for use as controllers.
- Added the Game Controller protocol, giving access to a wide variety of USB devices for use as controllers.
- Added a "Listen" button to the MIDI Controller window, enabling quicker setup of MIDI devices.
- Added a View Data toggle which lets you monitor all your controller data in a single window.