Registry Finder is a small fast utility that searches the Windows registry for specified strings. It was designed bearing in mind two requirements: search speed and simple, intuitive UI. All matches are displayed in a single list, so it is not necessary to press F3 each time to see the next match. The list displays key modification time and data size - the information not available in standard RegEdit. It does not require installation and can be launched from any removable media such as USB drive, for example. Registry Finder uses the Native API to search hidden keys (the keys with embedded null character) and values.
What is new in this release:
- Clicking the toolbar pops up a context menu.
- By default, search in the entire registry.
- Added window index in the tab, when multiple windows are opened for the local registry or for the same remote computer.
- Slightly reduced time of opening the search results.
- User friendly message on attempt to navigate to not existing address through the address bar.
- Improved the update procedure.
- Moved UnsentCrashReport into the same directory where user settings are stored (%APPDATA% subfolder for normal installation, application directory for portable).
- By default, the uninstaller removes settings, history and unsent crash reports.
- Fixed: on some conditions text in search results may end with garbage
- Fixed line endings when copying text to the clipboard from Find Results and Local Registry (was in UNIX format (LF)).
- Fixed crash when Alt+Left or Alt+Right are pressed in the Find Results window.
- Fixed: when deleting a key, if an error occurred for a subkey, the undo for successfully deleted subkeys is not available.
- Fixed possible data loss when renaming a key.
- Fixed the Wrong Parameter (87) error exporting the entire registry to a file.
What is new in version 2.6.1:
- Address bar.
- Back and Forward buttons to navigate through previously visited keys
What is new in version 2.3:
- Ability to view and edit permissions.
- Keys with no read access are marked with "No entry" sign.
What is new in version 2.0:
- In the Registry window you can: browse your local registry; create, delete, rename keys and values, modify value's data; perform search and replace operations.
- It is allowed to open multiple Registry windows. Next time you start Registry Finder, those windows will be reopened on the same keys as before.
- In the left pane, the values can be sorted by clicking column header.
- Current key path can be copied to clipboard.
- Behavior of the Go To command changed. Instead of starting RegEdit, it navigates to key/value in the Registry window.
What is new in version 1.7:
- Ability to save only selected search result items.
- Bugfix: when multiple search result items are selected, the Delete command deleted only the first one.
What is new in version 1.6:
- Ability to translate UI to other languages.
- Bugfix: wrong default installation folder.
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
- Bugfix: In 1.5.1, installer and zip archive contained wrong 64-bit binary (it was an intermediate development version 188.8.131.52).