Half of all IT project failures, irrespective of project size, are caused by functionality issues and substantial delays. These issues are attributed to poorly defined business expectations and requirements, and more importantly, the lack of a structured SDLC process.
SDLCforms makes it easy to start or upgrade a state-of-the-art Software Life Cycle (SDLC) process for your Information Technology (IT) department.
Why spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on high priced consultants when you can purchase low cost, customizable (Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio & Project) forms and templates for your SDLC process at a cost of a few dollars for each form.
The SmallBiz Package contains 12 essential forms and templates to provide a functional start to an SDLC process, best suited for organizations that have never used a specific methodology.
This package provides a simplified, structured environment for small IT and consulting / development shops that normally collect requirements via a combination of verbal communications, emails and written notes, and then deliver a test application for review by either internal or external clients.
When problems develop, blame is often laid at the feet of the developers, although in many instances the customer failed to properly communicate the requirements. This is often difficult to prove to the customer since concise documentation in the form of business requirements, technical specifications or a project plan were never provided to the client.
The following forms are included in the SmallBiz Package:
- Business Case Document
- Business Requirements Document
- Functional Requirements Document
- Production Implementation Plan
- Production Turnover Approval
- Project Charter
- Project Evaluation and Feedback
- Project Plan
- Required Approvals Matrix
- Roles and Responsibilities Matrix
- System Test Plan
- User Acceptance Test Plan.
- SDLCforms SmallBiz Package for small-medium IT development = 12 forms
- SDLCforms Professional Package for medium-large IT development = 44 forms
- SDLCforms Ultimate Package for enterprise-IT development = 64 forms.
What is new in this release:
Version 2.5 provides simplified easily modifiable Styles for all MS Word documents which constitute the vast majority of the SDLCforms.
MS Office, Project 2007, 2010 or 2013