SecureHome turns your Mac into a fully functional home security system, providing an economical alternative to traditional home security systems. Using your Macs built-in microphone and speaker (or external microphones and speakers), SecureHome will detect any sound exceeding a user-defined threshold, optionally sound an alarm to scare intruders, and email your smartphone so you can call the police. SecureHome works while your computer is in sleep mode.
- Automatic sound level tuning: SecureHome will tailor the default threshold for your home.
- Alarm sound: Select whether or not you want SecureHome to sound an alarm (in addition to sending out an email) when it detects a sound exceeding the threshold, and choose the duration of the alarm.
- Reports: SecureHome will document each alarm trigger and corresponding sound level so you can refine the threshold to minimize false alarms.
- Email on detect: When SecureHome detects a sound that exceeds the threshold, it will send an email to the account of your choice. This gives you the option of calling the police or disarming the alarm if you accidentally trigger the alarm yourself!
What is new in this release:
* Adds support for the SecureHome iOS remote controller, enabling remote activation and deactivation and viewing movies from your iPhone (requires a Dropbox account)
* Sends email alerts directly from the app
* Redesigned user interface