Shroud places a solid-color backdrop behind windows or applications on your Mac to allow you to focus. Unlike some similar applications, the backdrop doesn't activate when you click on it, messing up your carefully arranged workspace. Shroud also (optionally) obscures your menu bar until you move the mouse over it.
What is new in this release:
- Note: This version requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later, including OS X Lion (10.7) and Mountain Lion (10.8). Shroud 1.1.2 is the last version to support Mac OS X 10.5.
- Hide or show Shroud's backdrop with a keyboard shortcut.
- Focus on the frontmost window in OS X 10.8.
- Eliminate flashing when focusing on the frontmost window or application (not entirely in Mac OS X 10.6, however).
- Try to ensure Shroud's Preferences appears in front of the backdrop in more cases.
- Fix an issue where the "Cover menu bar" checkbox in Shroud's Preferences did not match reality when Shroud was first run.
- Fix Shroud becoming visible if it was hidden when you exit from full-screen mode if you had "Cover menu bar" checked.
- Update crash reporter (the service I was using to receive crash reports is no longer operating).
- Sign with Developer ID for Gatekeeper on OS X Mountain Lion (10.8).