SizeWell: Better window resize and zoom options.
While resizing a window in Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) or Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6), hold a customizable modifier key to keep width/height, aspect ratio, centered, or to pin bottom right corner. In Lion (Mac OS X 10.7), Apple has overhauled window resizing, therefore SizeWell no longer needs to implement these advanced resizing features for Lion users. SizeWell can still displays window dimensions while resizing windows in Lion, and continues to offers many zooming features.
When zooming a window, hold a customizable modifier key to maximize to whole screen or to any half. You can also override the standard zoom behavior (without holding a modifier key) to open the SizeWell Zoom Options menu or maximize to whole screen or any half. Undo a zoom by performing the same zoom feature again before doing anything else to the windows size or position.
SizeWell Zoom Options (available as menu of Zoom button by overriding the standard zoom behavior or right-clicking the Zoom button and as submenu of Zoom item in Window menu) contains features (with shortcuts):
- Standard ZoomWhole ScreenHalf Screen
- Left HalfRight HalfTop HalfBottom Half
- All Horizontal and Vertical ThirdsAll Two-Thirds
- Top Left QuarterTop Right QuarterBottom Left QuarterBottom Right Quarter
- Includes 14 of the most popular screen resolutions.Options to zoom whole window or window's content to resolutions.
- CenterAlso includes all edges and corners.
- Next ScreenPrevious Screen
After installation, SizeWell will even offer to eject the install disk and trash its disk image file.
Installation and cleanup, all in under 5 clicks.
What is new in this release:
SizeWell SIMBL Plugin:
- Added: Options to zoom whole window or window's content to resolutions in SizeWell Zoom Options menu.
- Added: New resolution (HD 720 - 1280 x 720) to SizeWell Zoom Options menu.
- Added: Shortcuts for all window positioning options in SizeWell Zoom Options menu.
- Added: Window's content height to dimensions when resizing or zooming.
- Improved: Support for recent versions of iTunes.
- Improved: Support for TotalFinder.
- Fixed: Conflicts with Adobe Photoshop's "Save for Web" window and a few other windows in Adobe apps.
- Fixed: Conflicts with the main menu in Netbeans. SizeWell will no longer load into Java apps like Netbeans.
- Fixed: Issues with Popovers in Lion.
- Fixed: Other minor bugs.
- Known Issues: SIMBL does not load into TextEdit or Preview in Lion, therefore SizeWell cannot currently support them.
- Changed: Zooming pane is now the default view in Lion.
- Improved: Now loads SizeWell SIMBL Plugin into running apps more efficiently, just like SIMBL Agent.