Skype is software that enables you to make free calls anywhere in the world. Skype uses P2P (peer-to-peer) technology to connect you with other users. It offers several features, including SkypeOut calling from Skype to regular and mobile phones worldwide, conference calling, and secure file transferring. You can also now share your screen with other users. Skype calls focus on video and audio quality, and secure the calls with end-to-end encryption.
What is new in this release:
Version 188.8.131.52 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 184.108.40.206:
Version 220.127.116.11 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 18.104.22.168:
Version 22.214.171.124 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
Version 188.8.131.52 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 184.108.40.206:
- Improved feedback form
- Stability improvements
What is new in version 220.127.116.11:
- Support for Hindi
- Option to disable special text formatting for sent chat messages
What is new in version 18.104.22.168:
With the very latest Skype 7.2 update, both the local time and remaining credit are back on the main Skype window.
What is new in version 22.214.171.124:
- Compact sidebar: Some of you asked us to see more contacts and conversation in the left hand sidebar. Enable the option "Compact Sidebar View" from the "View" menu for a more compact layout.
- Compact Chat View: If you can live without your chat message having some whitespace around them to give them room to breathe you can now increase your "message per inch" ratio drastically by activating "Compact Chat view" in Skype Options - "IM & SMS" - Advanced settings.
- Toggle for large emoticons: Some users prefer not to show emoticons sent in an individual messages in a larger size. You can find an option to toggle this in the Skype Options - "IM & SMS" - "IM appearance".
- Toggle for unread messages: You can now quickly switch between your conversations that contain unread messages and all by using the dropdown on top right of your "Recent" list.
- Touch scrolling: If you are sporting a device with a touch screen like a tablet you can now use vertical finger swipes to scroll in conversations.
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
- An easier way to chat, share and see photos.
- Message and video calls side by side.
- Free group video conversations.
- Super-sized emoticons.
What is new in version 188.8.131.52:
Version 184.108.40.206 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.